Option to disable ajax caching for app, table, field

Wish to see a specific feature/change in future releases? Feel free to post it here, and if it gets enough "likes", we'd definitely include it in future releases!
onoehring
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Option to disable ajax caching for app, table, field

Post by onoehring » 2020-03-18 10:56

Hi,

as there (sometimes) seems to be a problem with ajax caching (dependent lookup fields not updated on master change; viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3491 ) or 'data-loss' in lookups ( viewtopic.php?t=2955 ),

I suggest adding the option to AG at the application level, at single table level and at field level to disable ajax caching.

This would enable fixing such (and similar) problems by definition in AG and without overwriting the fixes done by hand.

pbötcher suggested two methods here viewtopic.php?t=2955 , so introducing such a feature on field level, AG could simply comment the lines as pbötcher does in the ajax-cahce file.

At table level jsetzer's suggestion at viewtopic.php?t=2955 could help simply ignoring the file by renaming it or not creating it in the first place.

At application level, either all codelines could be commented or the file-creation of the ajax-cache files simply skipped.

I am not sure, why the problem occured (for me), but it was there and it actually led to data corruption, as the child lookup did not match the available options in the master lookup anymore.

Olaf

a.gneady
Site Admin

Re: Option to disable ajax caching for app, table, field

Post by a.gneady » 2020-03-20 17:26

Hmm ... I'll study this issue and all the links you pointed to and act accordingly. Thanks for reporting this, Olaf.
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.