Some suggestions

Wish to see a specific feature/change in future releases? Feel free to post it here, and if it gets enough "likes", we'd definitely include it in future releases!
tvloeimans

Some suggestions

Post by tvloeimans » 2019-03-20 17:00

Hi,
Love AppGini, now working with it for some week, and noticing some point that can improve AppGini, imh opinion;

Drag & Drop field to other tables (also to other projects?)
Dataformat
- Add email, EU short date (dd-mm-yyyy)
- default field id in new table (default set to hidden?)
Generate PHP > Open in browser
Clean app folder
-images > img fodler
-ajax, view, autofill, mdl > view folder
-script > inc folder
Default setting for Timezone and Date format
Update to Bootstrap 4
Intergrade FontAwsome for icons
Template(s) with side-menu
Option to use CDN for bootstrap, JScript, etc

Bug: colum width 150px not working?

Just my two cents...
Keep up the good work.

Thanks,
Tim
©2019 - No rights reserved

tvloeimans

Re: Some suggestions

Post by tvloeimans » 2019-03-27 11:21

Datepicker would also be a great future.

a.gneady
Site Admin

Post by a.gneady » 2019-04-03 13:53

Thanks a lot for your suggestions. Many of them already exist, but maybe I'm misinterpreting your requests, so let's consider each point:
Drag & Drop field to other tables (also to other projects?)
You can currently click the 'Copy' icon while selecting any table or field, then click the 'Paste' icon to copy it either in the same project or in another one. I know this is not as easy as drag n drop, but just wanted to clarify there is an option to achieve this currently.
- Add email, EU short date (dd-mm-yyyy)
Emails are supported but not through the 'Data format' tab, but rather through the 'Media' tab > Make sure 'Link' option is selected, then click the 'Configure' button to set the field as an email field. For dd-mm-yyyy date format, you can set it through the 'Localization settings' of the project.
- default field id in new table (default set to hidden?)
If I understand correctly, you'd like to have a default 'id' field created for new tables, without having to manually create it, right? I like this suggestion a lot, and will add it as an option in upcoming releases.
Update to Bootstrap 4
Intergrade FontAwsome for icons
We've considered this before but decided there is no major benefit to achieve from upgrading to Bootstrap 4, while the needed effort is large and would potentially break lot of customized hooks made by many users. It's a low priority for now, but once we get to it, we'd have to add FontAwesome as well since it doesn't support the currently used glyph icons.
Template(s) with side-menu
This is on our to-do list for future releases indeed.
Bug: colum width 150px not working?
We're aware of this issue. It currently works kind of like 'minimum width' rather than actual width, but we plan to fix this in future releases.
Datepicker would also be a great future.
Date fields already implement a date picker, but we do plan to upgrade the currently used date picker to a better one in future releases.

I added the suggestions I didn't quote above to our to-do list for future releases. Thanks again for your feedback. Much appreciated.
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.

tvloeimans

Post by tvloeimans » 2019-04-10 18:57

Drag & Drop > Able to move/duplicate field into/from/to projects. (for example I use many address field set. Than I have to make every time again, some projects over 5 times)

Add email > Email input field (must contain @ and . symbols) See also https://formvalidation.io/guide/validat ... l5-example

Default field id in new table (default set to hidden?) > Yes, auto created when a new table is made. (via setting on/off?)

Bug: colum width 150px not working? > Would be great if the will be fixed asap. Would clean up the forms very mutch.

Datepicker would also be a great future. > Something like this would be perfect. https://jqueryui.com/datepicker/

gatenet
Veteran Member

Post by gatenet » 2019-06-04 06:59

Something that i would love to see is to have the ability in the axp project to set the fields length like bootstrap, like 1/2 or 1/3 etc