put some input boxes on the same line

Wish to see a specific feature/change in future releases? Feel free to post it here, and if it gets enough "likes", we'd definitely include it in future releases!
baudwalker
Veteran Member

put some input boxes on the same line

Post by baudwalker » 2018-04-03 06:25

I have seen the tutorial to make the detail screen into 2 columns. But may I suggest that this facility be extended to allow this to be used within the AppGini App as required.

Each field would have the facility to select for that feild to be on the same line as the previous field, also select the percentage of coverage to allow for 2, 3 or more field per row. see attached.

It would be nice to have the ability to put the labels inside the text box.

This would improve the final layout of the screens

Barry
Attachments
detail.PNG
detail.PNG (9.61 KiB) Viewed 2470 times

a.gneady
Site Admin

Re: put some input boxes on the same line

Post by a.gneady » 2018-04-12 09:42

Thanks for your suggestion. Placing labels inside text boxes is not a good practice from UI point of view. Here is a detailed discussion on this topic: https://www.nngroup.com/articles/form-d ... ceholders/

However, we'll do consider adding an option for placing several fields on the same line as it's indeed helpful in many scenarios.
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.

baudwalker
Veteran Member

Re: put some input boxes on the same line

Post by baudwalker » 2018-04-13 01:45

The main thing I was referring to was the layout of the fields and I see that it is on the drawing board

Thank you