Forum Suggestions

Wish to see a specific feature/change in future releases? Feel free to post it here, and if it gets enough "likes", we'd definitely include it in future releases!
Tekno Venus
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Forum Suggestions

Post by Tekno Venus » 2013-01-10 16:52

Hello everyone, just joined these forums!

Been looking around, much better than the old LinkedIn one, so good job on that. A few things though could be polished/changed, from another forum admin's point of view.

1) IMPORTANT - On the main AppGini support page, the forum link has not been updated to the new phpBB link. http://bigprof.com/appgini/support. That needs changing to the new forum link.

2) URL redirection. I think this should be done to make it easier to remember the URL. Upon trying to find the forums, I repeatedly typed in forums.appgini.com, thinking it was correct. In my opinion, whilst having it in a folder called phpbb is perfectly fine, the basic URL should redirect. This could be done with .htaccess like this:

Code: Select all

RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^(www.)?forums.appgini.com$
RewriteRule ^(/)?$ phpbb [L]
That should work. You can create a .htaccess file in this URL's directory and insert that code into it. If you already have one, add it to the end of the file.

These were just a couple of things I thought of. Other than that, good job on the forum!
Stephen Foulds

Admin, Sysnative Forums -- Sysnative Forums

a.gneady
Site Admin

Re: Forum Suggestions

Post by a.gneady » 2013-01-10 22:15

Thanks @Techno Venus for the feedback. I corrected the link now. Regarding redirection, forums.appgini.com does redirect to the phpbb folder .. Is it not working this way on your browser?
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.

Tekno Venus
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Re: Forum Suggestions

Post by Tekno Venus » 2013-01-11 17:23

a.gneady wrote:Thanks @Techno Venus for the feedback. I corrected the link now. Regarding redirection, forums.appgini.com does redirect to the phpbb folder .. Is it not working this way on your browser?
Hello,

Glad to help. The URL does seem to be redirecting now, so I'm not quite sure what happened there. Anyway, not to worry, it's fine now.
Stephen Foulds

Admin, Sysnative Forums -- Sysnative Forums