Saving Filters

Wish to see a specific feature/change in future releases? Feel free to post it here, and if it gets enough "likes", we'd definitely include it in future releases!
sandy3269

Saving Filters

Post by sandy3269 » 2018-01-27 23:17

I am currently saving filters in a database table with 3 fields, ID, Description and a clickable link field.

Works well for my applications, allowing me to generate the most used filters for my and my customers needs. The only issue is that it generates a new page instead of replacing the current page, ie _blank instead of _parent.

Link code is the filter generated without the <a /> tags, like:

http://elijahschild.ddns.net/dm_company ... ment+State

This gives me a table of filters that are great, just want to improve it. Also it would be cool if this could be a built in feature.

a.gneady
Site Admin

Re: Saving Filters

Post by a.gneady » 2018-01-29 05:51

We plan to implement a feature where users could define and save their own filters (and possibly share them with their group). For this table, you could try to set the data type of the filter field as text and set it as rich text area instead of a link. You can then insert the link via the "Link" icon of the rich editor and specify the target as _parent it should work fine.
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.