automatic tabbed detail view

Wish to see a specific feature/change in future releases? Feel free to post it here, and if it gets enough "likes", we'd definitely include it in future releases!
grimblefritz
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

automatic tabbed detail view

Post by grimblefritz » 2016-06-13 16:42

It would be great to see an option such as "Display tabbed detail view" at the table level.

To control when a new tab is created, I would include a field option "New tab name". If the option is not empty, start a new tab using the option contents as the tab title.

I think this would be a convenient way to control the detail view with tabs.

It would also eliminate the need to do this via hooks with appende jquery etc, and move the handling into the generator.

sbennett

Re: automatic tabbed detail view

Post by sbennett » 2019-07-04 10:05

Hi - first post :)

I agree - this would be a really useful feature. It might not even be necessary to have an option at the table level, as simply having any field with a "tab name" filled in could automatically generate a tabbed DV. I've managed to successfully follow the hooks tutorial to create tabs, but it would be so much easier to do it directly in AppGini!
Stephen Bennett, UK

jsetzer
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Re: automatic tabbed detail view

Post by jsetzer » 2019-07-04 10:21

Just as an idea :idea:

I remember someone here in the forum suggested to modify the AppGini treeview to show the tables grouped by tablegroup.

Maybe additionally it would be nice to have the treeview in AppGini like here:

chrome_2019-07-04_12-16-28.png
chrome_2019-07-04_12-16-28.png (12.59 KiB) Viewed 4915 times

So we could model tabs below the table. If there is only one tab, perhaps AppGini should not render a TabStrip but show the fields as it does now.
In case there is more than one tab, AppGini could render the TabStrip and the fields within the tabs according to the model.
Kind regards,
<js />

My AppGini Blog:
https://appgini.bizzworxx.de/blog

You can help us helping you:
Please always put code fragments inside [code]...[/code] blocks for better readability

AppGini 24.10 Revision 1579 + all AppGini Helper tools