Different field order on table view versus detail view

Wish to see a specific feature/change in future releases? Feel free to post it here, and if it gets enough "likes", we'd definitely include it in future releases!
KSan
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Different field order on table view versus detail view

Post by KSan » 2013-01-10 05:41

Ability to define different field placement (order) on table view versus detail view. Example.... I might want to put a photo on the first column of a table view but same photo could be more appropriate to show at the end of the detail view.

Johnk
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Re: Different field order on table view versus detail view

Post by Johnk » 2013-01-10 10:27

This would be an excellent feature

Sergio

Post by Sergio » 2013-01-10 17:53

OOhh agree totally...this could be an awwwwsome feature!!!!

shasta59
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by shasta59 » 2013-01-17 15:09

You can do this already by revising the code in the template files and other areas. While this feature would be useful my biggest fear is all of these features will force Ahmad to raise the price of his product.

There are other similar products out there which allow this but at much much greater cost. You can modify the yourtable_templateTV and DV files to make these changes using an editor. You will also have to revise yourtable_view.php file to insure the correct table view headings.

My suggestion would be for Ahmad to have two versions. A pro and and regular. Make the pro pricing, for those who want all the features, about two to three times the price of the regular version to justify the amount of extra work required to make such features available. A product, phprunner, can do a lot of this but starts at $399. A lot more money.

I already heavily modify these files myself and purchased his product because it generated the base code for me and saved me buckets of time. I then modify these files to produce the look I want.

Ahmad makes a useful product and it does what it does very well at a great price point. Perhaps a good discussion would be one where users would state how much more they would be willing to pay for more features. Here are a few prices of other products which are php generators and do, sort of, similar things:

Phprunner - $399
Php code generator pro - $160.00
ScriptCase Professional MySQL Edition - $349.00

The above have most of the features - but, the following rule of thumb applies - the more you pay the more you get. I have tried their trial versions and found Appgini easier to use, easier to revise and easier to do what I want.

Thanks

Alan
Calgary, Alberta, Canada - Using Appgini 5.50 -

KSan
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by KSan » 2013-01-17 18:03

Alan, good point. I do think there is room for a price point change if that is what Ahmad feels is warranted.

You mentioned in another post that AppGini saves you around 6 months of work on a given project. Even at the current minimum wages level that much of time nets you way way way more than what AppGini costs now or could potentially cost in a Pro version. I for one would prefer to pay a little more and get a little more hence my feature suggestions. Of course its up to Ahmad to ultimately make the call on where to drive the future of his business. Thanks for your comment though. Very valid point.

Lets move this dialogue to the general discussion though so that it does not get buried under here. How about a new thread?

a.gneady
Site Admin

Post by a.gneady » 2013-01-19 17:38

Well .. no need to worry about raising the price as I already raised it in the latest release and don't plan to raise it again in the near future (unless the dollar value drops dramatically -- but that's a different topic) ... What I'm more concerned for is that adding a lot of new styling options would cause the interface to become too complicated which might alienate new users. So, i have to carefully plan how to represent any new features.
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.

Johnk
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by Johnk » 2013-01-20 15:10

shasta59, this is the third or fourth time I've seen you interrupt a thread by discussing price which is completely "off topic". In other forums this would be seen as Cross Posting or even "Trolling" It's disruptive and NOT in the spirit of the forum. You should limit your "suggestion" to a singular topic in "Suggestions and leave it at that. The information you offer can be valuable, but the ad is untasteful. Please, please desist.