error handling interface

Wish to see a specific feature/change in future releases? Feel free to post it here, and if it gets enough "likes", we'd definitely include it in future releases!
grimblefritz
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

error handling interface

Post by grimblefritz » 2016-04-05 02:41

I have a page that contains a field (hidden from the user) that is used to contain a custom build value, which in turn must be a unique value. Without going into all the logic, when this field is updated before insert/update, and the result is not unique, the error is captured (so far so good) and the return is an ugly page with a not so helpful one-line error message. No actions, no option edit and try again, etc.

Can this be corrected, to something more useful/friendly?

Also, in general, is there a hook interface to alter error handling? For example, in this case I would like to loop back to the form with an error message added to the offending field(s). Rather than a generic "not unique" message, I could provide instructions on how to correct the problem that would be specific to the application.

a.gneady
Site Admin

Re: error handling interface

Post by a.gneady » 2016-04-05 11:40

We plan indeed to improve error handling for this case in the upcoming release. Stay tuned!
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.