Detail view layout

Wish to see a specific feature/change in future releases? Feel free to post it here, and if it gets enough "likes", we'd definitely include it in future releases!
grimblefritz
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Detail view layout

Post by grimblefritz » 2016-01-08 11:54

I would find it helpful to have a field level checkbox option: Display field on new line

The current behavior would be as if this option were checked. Each field is its own line (row) in the detail view.

If unchecked, then the field would display on the same line/row as the previous field.

An example.

Code: Select all

Table: Employee

first_name
middle_init
last_name
birthday
Instead of having this format out vertically, as it does now, the new option would allow this.

Code: Select all

Table: Employee

first_name   [X] Display field on new line
middle_init  [ ] Display field on new line
last_name    [ ] Display field on new line
birthday     [X] Display field on new line
This would put the three name fields on a single line/row, and then birthday on the next.

I think this would allow the creation of some much more compact (and input friendly) detail views.

grimblefritz
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Re: Detail view layout

Post by grimblefritz » 2016-01-12 03:53

Two things to add to this.

1. In thinking about the above suggestion for splicing multiple fields onto one row, it occurred to me that the logic might be easier (depending on how the generator code is structured) to attach a "New line after field?" option. That would allow the next field to appear on the same row.

2. I just built "check list" system. 77 items, all with 3-5 conditions. The requirement I was given is to show them all as radio buttons - no drop downs or checkboxes. It would be extremely help if, in the setup of option lists, to have not just one radio button option, but two. One for vertical radio buttons (the current implementation) and one for horizontal radio buttons. Having the radio buttons neatly in a row (rather than stacked vertically) would shorten my form tremendously and make it much easier to navigate and print.

grimblefritz
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Re: Detail view layout

Post by grimblefritz » 2016-01-12 04:04

I just discovered this post:

http://forums.appgini.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=73

I guess the correct solution for #2 above would be to allow the specification (per field) of RadiosPerLine.