Link fields

Wish to see a specific feature/change in future releases? Feel free to post it here, and if it gets enough "likes", we'd definitely include it in future releases!
grimblefritz
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Link fields

Post by grimblefritz » 2016-01-08 11:40

Three suggestions:

1. Direct links
Currently the link is passed to link.php. For some purposes it would be useful to have the actual link. So I propose a change in options in the configuration for web links. One, "Web link - direct (http://fieldcontents)". Two, "Web link - indirect (http://link.php?f=...etc)".

2. Link icon
It would be very helpful to be able to select an icon for links, in the same way they can be selected for tables.

3. Detail view button
An option to add the link as a button on the right side when in the detail view. So, for example, if I have a link that is used to print a special report, then I could put the link in one field and the label for it in another, select the option to display the text from the label field, and then select (from a third option) to have the link displayed as a button on the page. This would make a very simple custom button solution.

grimblefritz
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Re: Link fields

Post by grimblefritz » 2016-01-08 12:22

One more option. Currently, links use the attribute target=_blank. It would be useful to have an option to set this to "download" instead of "target=_blank". For example, if you have a file available for downloading, but the browser would normally open (such as .txt files.)

grimblefritz
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Re: Link fields

Post by grimblefritz » 2016-01-11 21:03

Bah! I just got bit by the lack of a "download" option again on two sites. My own fault, as I changed the DV template and didn't capture it, so the next regenerate overwrote it. Still, it would be nice to not have to remember it :)