Center or right justify for columns in AppGini apps

Wish to see a specific feature/change in future releases? Feel free to post it here, and if it gets enough "likes", we'd definitely include it in future releases!
KSan
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Center or right justify for columns in AppGini apps

Post by KSan » 2013-01-10 05:36

Ability to center or right justify column contents in table view and detail view. Columns like Date or Serial Number etc look so much better when centered. This should be a table view setting in AppGini.

Additionally, ability to vertically center contents on table view would be great!. For example when a photo is included in the table view the text justified at the top of table rows don't look that good.

Sergio

Re: Center or right justify for columns in AppGini apps

Post by Sergio » 2013-01-10 18:58

Agree :mrgreen: a must feature i think

Tekno Venus
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by Tekno Venus » 2013-01-11 17:41

Agree also! :)
Stephen Foulds

Admin, Sysnative Forums -- Sysnative Forums

shasta59
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by shasta59 » 2013-01-18 01:41

You can do this manually if you wish. Look in the template files and adjust as needed. Here is an example from one of my files. Change the text coloured red to either left, center etc. I using a program to find/change on a global basis and do the work live so I can see changes right away. In some cases with the client updating their browser as I make the change for them to see.

<tr>
<td class=TableHeader valign=top><div class=TableHeader style="text-align:right;">Home Team</div></td>
<td class="TableBody" id="noMouseOver" valign="top"><input maxlength="40" size="40" type="text" class="TextBox" name="home_team" id="home_team" value="<%%VALUE(home_team)%%>">
&nbsp;&nbsp;</td>
</tr>

While I can see the usefulness of such a feature there is not one application out there which will give you all the features in one place. I use AppGini to develop the framework and then I refine and change to make it into what I want. This is why I have done work for charities for free. With Appgini doing the heavy front end lifting I can have, at no cost to the charity, a web app up and running for them in no time. Then, over time, I refine it. Most programs like AppGini make you trade off, for the low price and ease of use, features. All of these changes are very easy to do with a little html knowledge. If I was paying the kind of money which some of the other programs want then yes, I would want all the features. Again, like in another post of mine, it may be an idea for Ahmad to offer different levels of AppGini. A $69 version, a $169 version and a $399 version. The more you pay the more features you get. I do the same to clients I do pay work for. The more you pay the more you get. A recent client wanted me to also do a whole bunch of research for the online system he wanted re his business. He was more than willing to pay for me doing it. (I outsourced it to a firm and took a cut instead). Again, the more you pay the more you get.

It is like buying Photoshop vs Elements. You want the power of Photoshop you pay for it. You do not need it then buy Elements.

Maybe a discussion topic could be - "What are you willing to pay for such features?" Then, as users, we could let Ahmad know if it is worth developing and adding in such features as he could realize more revenue. (I have no relationship with Ahmad nor do I get any benefit from him for suggesting he charge more etc.)

Alan
Calgary, Alberta, Canada - Using Appgini 5.50 -

Johnk
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by Johnk » 2013-01-18 17:14

It's just your opinion. Take a look at WYSIWYG WebBuilder and see what you get for your money. it's the same price or less than Appgini, has an endless list of unbelievable features and it's updated three or four times a year. It also started from humble beginnings and grew from there. Also, I can't recall there ever being a price increase. Please let Ahmad decide what features he adds to retain our loyalty and how much the software should cost. Discussion about how much we should pay is meaningless waffle.

Sergio

Post by Sergio » 2013-01-18 17:46

Johnk wrote:It's just your opinion. Take a look at WYSIWYG WebBuilder and see what you get for your money. it's the same price or less than Appgini, has an endless list of unbelievable features and it's updated three or four times a year. It also started from humble beginnings and grew from there. Also, I can't recall there ever being a price increase. Please let Ahmad decide what features he adds to retain our loyalty and how much the software should cost. Discussion about how much we should pay is meaningless waffle.
totally agree with John, we only post a bunch of features we would like to see in future, we dont care if they will be implemented, totally ignored, or implemented with a double or triple increase of Appgini price :)
I think we all know that everythink can be done writing code after a first generated code by appgini, but why not ask for something more implemented in Appgini? :)
A point of force for now is that Ahmad pay very attention on user's feadback, for example moving support comunity from Linkedin to this forum, so i have to say i'll appeciate center or right justify colums directly in appgini.
Thx for posting code anyway, it saved me a lot of time looking for the right place to modify :P

Johnk
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by Johnk » 2013-01-19 16:06

Sergio, that template file xxx_templateDV.html can be over-written each time you compile your Appgini script, especially if you add, remove or move fields. I suggest you make a copy of the modified file just in case.

a.gneady
Site Admin

Post by a.gneady » 2013-01-19 17:13

I'm listening to your suggestions and have always been. Please do rest assured that I'll be implementing them in future releases.
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.