Maintenance Mode request again

Wish to see a specific feature/change in future releases? Feel free to post it here, and if it gets enough "likes", we'd definitely include it in future releases!
shasta59
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Maintenance Mode request again

Post by shasta59 » 2015-06-03 18:36

I know there is a topic on this but figured a new topic may raise the priority.

This is where you put the application into a mode to prevent logins but allows the admin to work with the application while doing mission critical updates etc where you do not want users messing about.

I have something like this but each update etc means I have to remember to apply my code again.

Here is what I have done:

In the admin section I have added in my own section for settings. (This is everything from setting mass delete for each table - saves having to change the code manually or regenerate the app to how many radio buttons in a row and much much more).
In this section I have a button to turn on and off maintenance mode. When on only the admin can log in and access. The rest are redirected, upon an attempt to log in to a page that advises them of this. (If they missed seeing it on the splash screen).
There is also a notice put on the splash screen. (This is also a setting on my settings page - an easy way to change the text on the splash screen from the admin section - save going into the html page).

I know some may ask how I have done it so here is a summary:

New table in database which contains all the settings I want to control from the admin section.
Page in admin section reads this table and writes to this table.
Added code elsewhere in the generated app to get the value for a setting from this table
Maintenance mode basically turns off the code allowing logins other than admin
I control many setting from this page and save me regenerating the app or manually modifying the php file.

Alan
Calgary, Alberta, Canada - Using Appgini 5.50 -

grimblefritz
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Re: Maintenance Mode request again

Post by grimblefritz » 2015-12-24 11:49

I'll second this. Other apps I use have this and it is extremely useful.

a.gneady
Site Admin

Re: Maintenance Mode request again

Post by a.gneady » 2016-01-03 17:00

Thanks a lot for your suggestion. We're planning to implement maintenance mode in future versions.
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.