Wishlist

Wish to see a specific feature/change in future releases? Feel free to post it here, and if it gets enough "likes", we'd definitely include it in future releases!
SkayyHH
Veteran Member

Wishlist

Post by SkayyHH » 2015-05-12 21:42

Hello,

after some time to play with appgini i found this features essential to build client apps:

- User can select which database field will be displayed in view (not detail view)
- Restrict Members for viewing detail view for not owned entries but show the entries in table view
- Multi delete on child tabs
- Arrange field in detailview in 2 rows
- Change the 3 date fields in one date field
- Arrange fields in detail view in tabs (more than one page) for databases with many fields
- Edit colors from within the appgini ide
- Horizontal and vertical menu
- More member setting (access to detail view, save as copy, print button ...)
- Add members who can add members and view the Membership management (not only one Admin)
- Remove Twitter Tweets from Admin
- Add Favicon from within the appgini
- Remove link to appgini forum in admin
- Remove more hooks link from multi delete menu
- Fix IE 11 displaying bugs
- Fix HTML Textfield width
- Changing Appgini footer copyright from within appgini ide to custom application name and copyright
- Set Logo to login page and header from within the appgini ide
- Customise the setup script from within the appgini ide (logo, appname)
- Fix "go back" link when calling a detailview from a lookup field side button (will not go back to the preview entry but to the parent data view)
- Add crpyt data in database for i.E. employee data
- Allow import csv for members too (if permission from administrator)

That´s for now. If you afraid for too much features for new users, you could add a switch for 2 modes (beginner and profressional). Best is to edit all hooks and setting from within the appgini ide. Editing files with editors is bad for updating and versions history (can´remember after a time) and will make users afraid for confusing with this.

Best regards, Kai

SkayyHH
Veteran Member

Re: Wishlist

Post by SkayyHH » 2015-05-12 22:02

Some more:

- Add custom header and footer to reports
- Reports will not fit in print page
- Print Reports parent and child
- Add filter possibilities to childs in tab view (i.e. filter for actual year)
- Add custom icons depend on data in list view
- Add deleting childs when delete a parent record
- Charts and Graphs for Data
- Optional Dashbord for members
- Fix filter settings: i can set filter setting onw records, all record even when i can only the right so see my own records
- Fix size of cancel button when filtering
- Option in Appgini to start with custom view or list
- Custom links for header left home link

shasta59
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Re: Wishlist

Post by shasta59 » 2015-05-18 15:04

Hi

Many of these features are available in software costing much much more. I like AppGini because it allows me to easily customize to my needs and the cost is very reasonable. Even the cost of updates is reasonable.

If you are not a programmer or do not understand programming AppGini may not always be the best fit for your needs when you need to heavily customize the generated application. I hope all would remember that AppGini, in my opinion, is to give you quick development of an online app where the need is basic and you need it in a hurry. It is not an all in one tool with so many features it becomes bloated. AppGini does not require a lot of programming knowledge but it does require some basic skills to get 'extras' which you may desire.

There are many frameworks out there and here is a link (as one example):

http://codegeekz.com/20-best-php-framew ... gust-2014/

You can also check out phprunner at

http://xlinesoft.com/phprunner/register.htm

But it is $799 for the pro edition (which you would need for all the features you want).

Or you can check out:

http://www.hkvstore.com/purchase.asp?prodid=11

But for all the features you want you would be around $500 approx.

Hope this helps.

Alan
Calgary, Alberta, Canada - Using Appgini 5.50 -