Ability to totally hide or rename form related buttons

Wish to see a specific feature/change in future releases? Feel free to post it here, and if it gets enough "likes", we'd definitely include it in future releases!
KSan
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Ability to totally hide or rename form related buttons

Post by KSan » 2013-01-10 05:35

Suggest the ability to totally hide or rename all the form related buttons. For example on the detail view I would like to be able to change Cancel button to Back. Cancel for example implies to me that a recent Save event would be cancelled but in actuality this is not the case as the Cancel button simply sends us back to the table view. Similarly, the Previous, Next buttons should be possible to be hidden in AppGini UI.

a.gneady
Site Admin

Re: Ability to totally hide or rename form related buttons

Post by a.gneady » 2013-01-10 22:23

Hi Kerem,

In AppGini 5.0, when you open the detail view, the button is labeled "Back" until you make any change to the record. The change would cause the button label to be "Cancel". I believe this makes things clearer: if you click a button labeled "Back", it would go to the table view and nothing else happens. If you click a button labeled "Cancel", your changes are cancelled and you go back to the table view.
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.

KSan
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Re: Ability to totally hide or rename form related buttons

Post by KSan » 2013-01-11 05:09

Hi Ahmad, first off I am sorry for blasting this subforum with all my pre-v5.0 feedback. I eliminated some based on what I already saw but this one seems to have slipped by. I think being able to hide the buttons might still be relevant for a future release. In the current state we can hide the menu references to tables and being able to hide or show the buttons selectively might offer some additional control. Not a high priority obviously. Thanks for listening.