Very important features missing in Appgini [Click Here]

Wish to see a specific feature/change in future releases? Feel free to post it here, and if it gets enough "likes", we'd definitely include it in future releases!
almaqdad

Very important features missing in Appgini [Click Here]

Post by almaqdad » 2014-06-08 07:34

Dear Ahmed,

I would like to thank you for supporting Appgini. Please do consider the below features are very important to be implemented.

1. Support inline editing via ajax in table view.
2. Allow adding multiple records at same time. [This can be done by repeating add new record page]
3. Allow editing multiple records at same time. [This can be done can repeating detail table view page]
4. Adding display row number in table view.

Dear Ahmed, please please work in the above features they are so important to make Appgini more powerfull. and I am willing to contribute and donate to you. :)

to other members, please support me to let Ahmed work in these features ASAP :D

Looking for your reply.

a.gneady
Site Admin

Re: Very important features missing in Appgini [Click Here]

Post by a.gneady » 2014-06-08 20:10

to other members, please support me to let Ahmed work in these features ASAP :D
Let's see if there is enough demand for the above features, I'll add them to future releases :D
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.

almaqdad

Post by almaqdad » 2014-06-09 06:08

Thanks Ahmed for reply.

Come on appgini users reply with +1 to support these features.

dssc

Post by dssc » 2014-06-09 06:24

Sorry to disappoint, Almaqdad, but whilst you indicate a number of features that I feel it would be nice to have, there are other demands that the user base makes on Ahmed's development capabilities. You will see from other posts on this board what these are. Appgini is without doubt a great programme and we all want Ahmed to do the things that we each need and desire. A roadmap for the future development (Ahmed, hint here) would be useful.

almaqdad

Post by almaqdad » 2014-06-10 04:42

dssc wrote:Sorry to disappoint, Almaqdad, but whilst you indicate a number of features that I feel it would be nice to have, there are other demands that the user base makes on Ahmed's development capabilities. You will see from other posts on this board what these are. Appgini is without doubt a great programme and we all want Ahmed to do the things that we each need and desire. A roadmap for the future development (Ahmed, hint here) would be useful.
dear dssc, the features that I have requested are needed by most of users. These features are basic for any data entry system such as PHPMYADMIN and so.

KSan
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by KSan » 2014-06-11 04:28

dssc wrote:Sorry to disappoint, Almaqdad, but whilst you indicate a number of features that I feel it would be nice to have, there are other demands that the user base makes on Ahmed's development capabilities. You will see from other posts on this board what these are. Appgini is without doubt a great programme and we all want Ahmed to do the things that we each need and desire. A roadmap for the future development (Ahmed, hint here) would be useful.
+1 to this and definitely the Roadmap. Sorry to disappoint Almaqdad as well. I agree with dssc in that there are many other features on the list which are more important to me. I am sure everyone has different priorities and needs.

gerardus

Post by gerardus » 2014-06-11 07:19

I'm sorry almaqdad, but I have different priorities.
Why not open a thread (or use this one) so everybody can tell what he/she needs?
Then Ahmed could have a clear idea of what to do.

Best regards,

Gerard.

almaqdad

Post by almaqdad » 2014-06-13 07:24

Ok Then lets then agree on the making list. and make voting for coming features. that's will be fair enough

a.gneady
Site Admin

Post by a.gneady » 2014-06-15 16:11

Okay ... so, does anyone know of some online (hosted or downloadable) tool that lets users submit feature requests that can be voted up/down by other users? Something like uservoice.com but that can deal with multiple features (or a "backlog" in agile terms) and sort them by votes?
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.

KSan
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by KSan » 2014-06-15 23:33

a.gneady wrote:Okay ... so, does anyone know of some online (hosted or downloadable) tool that lets users submit feature requests that can be voted up/down by other users? Something like uservoice.com but that can deal with multiple features (or a "backlog" in agile terms) and sort them by votes?
Sounds like a nice demo / tutorial app to write in AppGini! :D

a.gneady
Site Admin

Post by a.gneady » 2014-06-16 21:32

KSan wrote:Sounds like a nice demo / tutorial app to write in AppGini! :D
LOL! I'll give it a thought :)

toconnell
Veteran Member

Post by toconnell » 2014-06-20 20:20

Yes, Ahmad, I am desperate for edit in grid view by just click and edit. Ecspecially if we can do it via permissions per user or group.. so only certain users would have this control. But what a nice feature it would be. Imaging editing 200 school bus routes a day and having to open each record edit, save changes and then open the next.. the delay in opening them and the time waiting to save each just sucks.. if we can click and do the edit in grid view we can do 200 routes in half the time. Plus see our changes instantly along with all the other nearby records. Much more efficient and more powerful. This is necessary for sure.. and frankly I love the other ideas he has above too. but grid view edit.. just necessary.
Tina O'Connell
Web Dev & Appgini FAN

mgain2013

Post by mgain2013 » 2014-06-23 14:46

I for one would especially love to see the ability to edit fields directly in the able view. In fact the project I have been working on for the past year would greatly benefit from this ability. The other abilities would also be great. That is my vote.

thanks
Michael

a.gneady
Site Admin

Post by a.gneady » 2014-06-23 19:06

Thanks for the feedback, every one :) I guess this feature would probably go into the next release.

toconnell
Veteran Member

Post by toconnell » 2014-06-24 18:52

When? When? When? :) Soon pretty please with sugar on top!!! :) : ) :D
Tina O'Connell
Web Dev & Appgini FAN

almaqdad

Post by almaqdad » 2014-06-29 06:32

Yes, Please Ahmed add the feature to edit fields directly in table-view. AS I told you I am wailing to contribute and donate if you going to release this feature Soon.

ebrief

Post by ebrief » 2014-06-30 15:58

Dear Ahmad, I have a working PHP code base that your team can use for an editable Ajax Datagrid. It is not Bootstrap ready, but is full Ajax and works. The Ajax updates back to the database were tricky for me to understand. Let me know if you want the code set.

Your AppiGini product is excellent. I know you have to consider where the web will be in 6 months to prioritize your next-release features. Moving to Bootstrap was a major modernization move for AppiGini and has helped me produce better websites/apps.

I trust your judgement with how to handle the Ajax Datagrid issue. I hope that AppiGini code will continue to function equally well on mobile devices as they do on desktop computers.

Best Regards

toconnell
Veteran Member

Post by toconnell » 2014-07-02 12:17

ebrief.. I would love that code. Can you send it to me? I can get it incorporated with my buddy Uday to help me.

Please feel free to send it to me at tina AT bigschoolbus DOT com.
Perhaps I can trade you for other AppGini add on code you might want.. I have some goodies. :)

Thanks bunches,
Tina
Tina O'Connell
Web Dev & Appgini FAN

grimblefritz
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by grimblefritz » 2015-12-24 11:57

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I think the name says it all. Building an app is a bit different from building a field/record editor such as phpmyadmin. I'd prefer to see features and directions that support the former. If I need grid editing and multirow inserts, well, there's always phpmyadmin.

Instead, I'd rather see "live" fields, such as calculated fields -- fieldx=field1*(field2-field3) -- or builder integration for placing buttons and links on pages, and so forth.

globaldrip8

Post by globaldrip8 » 2015-12-31 02:25

Good Idea,i agree :D

cwesthuizen

Post by cwesthuizen » 2021-07-21 22:17

8 years later and AppGini still doesn't have a grid or datagrid? If you search here for grid you will also see my requests in 2019. Imagine if you could have developed a datagrid. Then AppGini would have been Awesome powerful. For most of the apps I develop(ed) I need a grid. So I have a few apps I developed that is now hanging with loose ends and I cannot help my clients. So I am slowly starting to think to look for other development solutions / IDEs etc that do have a grid/datagrid. Sadly.
Chris van der Westhuizen
Getafix IT Solutions CC
http://www.getafix.biz
“God has given to man a short time here upon earth and yet upon this short time eternity depends”

cwesthuizen

Post by cwesthuizen » 2021-11-02 21:40

Any grid/datagrid in the near future?
Chris van der Westhuizen
Getafix IT Solutions CC
“God has given to man a short time here upon earth and yet upon this short time eternity depends”

a.gneady
Site Admin

Post by a.gneady » 2021-11-03 11:43

cwesthuizen wrote:
2021-11-02 21:40
Any grid/datagrid in the near future?
I'm putting this as a goal for 2022. I hope this would see the light at last :)

cwesthuizen

Post by cwesthuizen » 2023-07-25 18:06

Thank you :-) I am still hoping and dreaming of a data grid :-) Even if it is just the basics for now.
Blessings, Chris
Chris van der Westhuizen
Getafix IT Solutions CC