BLOB?

Wish to see a specific feature/change in future releases? Feel free to post it here, and if it gets enough "likes", we'd definitely include it in future releases!
berndtb

BLOB?

Post by berndtb » 2014-03-11 07:26

Please can you try to add support for the blob field it is crazy to put a link to a file outside! When you add a file off the registry first is that every picture that comes up on the screen is checked by computer virus software unbearably slow, have tried the difference with blob field takes center registers about 6-12 seconds to show 25 items on the screen and with links to the images between 45-95 seconds, and if you scroll becomes the the time unbearable. Have after 5 years 3129 entries with photo of all records and the register is only 36.9 Mb big. With the blob fields, you can also retrieve information from any server in the world and in a few seconds to get started without having the problem with a lot of links to pictures.

Please can you think of this in the next version.

/ Berndt

KSan
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Re: BLOB?

Post by KSan » 2014-03-12 05:01

I think you are referring to how AppGini handles the fields catering for Images. I can certainly appreciate where you are coming from but the way it currently works is beneficial in some ways so if Ahmad implements BLOB support I would hope that it becomes optional. If the current way is discarded in favor of BLOB this would break my past and current projects in a very bad way.

I love how the tv, dv files are created on the fly and the actual file is stored as a file. Very straightforward for integration with other apps & architecture. Just my 2 cents of course.

berndtb

Post by berndtb » 2014-03-14 07:14

There is a small catch with the pictures outside the register, if it is mobile users with limited data disappears dataset quickly, every entry in my registry takes about 2k which is an incredible advantage when surfing the mobile. And I notice on the programmers which apps to the idea of adding pictures smeared all over the world is a big problem when they produce apps.

a.gneady
Site Admin

Post by a.gneady » 2014-03-14 07:27

KSan wrote:so if Ahmad implements BLOB support I would hope that it becomes optional. If the current way is discarded in favor of BLOB this would break my past and current projects in a very bad way.
Listening to you, Kerem :) Don't worry ... I do plan to implement blob images as an optional feature in future releases, with the default being the current way of linking to images as files stored on server storage.
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.

berndtb

Post by berndtb » 2014-03-15 10:23

Sounds like a dream bought appgini 2011 and upgraded since, but even then, was the opportunity to surf with mobile so I chose Blob in all my 20 records, but unfortunately I have never been able to use appgini but their mock-up is quite incredible so I'd love to use it and soon maybe I can do it.

mekin
Veteran Member

Post by mekin » 2019-11-26 06:27

Hello, is this already implemented?

I have an issue with an application, it needs the image field datatype as a byte, so this is a BLOB, if I read it correctly on the internet.
But at this moment I cannot choose the BLOB datatype if I insert an image field in AppGini.