New OS for Appgini software

Wish to see a specific feature/change in future releases? Feel free to post it here, and if it gets enough "likes", we'd definitely include it in future releases!
pilandros
Veteran Member

New OS for Appgini software

Post by pilandros » 2020-06-20 15:43

I love the Appgini product and concept. The concept of creating open web projects is fascinating and guarantees a long run for any business project.

Only thing I am concerned about is the Appgini software itself which has to run on a Windows OS PC. Today I got a "kind reminder" from Microsoft that my version of Windows 10 (a version which all of us HAD TO install in order to keep using our windows based software) is about to "end service"... and they urge us to stay "updated"... And I am wondering. Windows had never been "free" (like in the sentence "there is no free lunch") so, when will we all see what this "new" windows scheme version 10+ is going to cost us? Sooner or later we will have to decide if we keep using it since the only alternatives (to run windows based software like Appgini) are virtual windows machines running under Ios or Linux versions.

So my question is, have you ever consider developing a Linux based Appgini software? or Have you ever tried to run the Appgini software under a virtual windows machine running over Linux?

ndoddi

Re: New OS for Appgini software

Post by ndoddi » 2020-07-12 20:17

Hi pilandros,

You can check below post for appgini installation on Linux
https://bigprof.com/appgini/tips-and-tu ... untu-linux

FYI - Microsoft announced they are going to stop PHP support soon, as given in below post.
https://betanews.com/2020/07/11/microso ... p-support/

Thanks,
ndoddi

baudwalker
Veteran Member

Re: New OS for Appgini software

Post by baudwalker » 2020-07-13 00:48

Hi pilandros,

I may opinion I believe that things will go back to the way things were. You purchase a new PC it comes with windows preinstalled. You get updates to that version of windows until it reaches its End Of Life. Then you are in the same boat as those who elected to stay on XP. you either stagnate or you purchase a new copy of windows.

If Microsoft stops the free lunch. You either stay with your current version of pay for an upgrade. Its not the end of the world, its not unprecedented, its life as normal.

Barry