How to get the columns as shown in this example?

Got something cool to share with AppGini users? Feel free to post it here!
bambinou
Veteran Member

How to get the columns as shown in this example?

Post by bambinou » 2013-12-13 14:16

Hello,

I would like to know if there is a way for us to get the colums and rows as shown in this demo please without having to change the code heavely please:

http://codecanyon.net/item/ajax-and-jqu ... ew/6120972

I would like to create the exact same page as this.

Thank you,

Ben

a.gneady
Site Admin

Re: How to get the columns as shown in this example?

Post by a.gneady » 2014-01-02 19:06

Hi Ben,

If I understand correctly, this is a master/detail (parent/child) view, where you want to show the child records to the right of the parent record. Is that correct? If so, it can be easily done through some modifications in the detail view template file. But please confirm first and I'll replay with some sample code.
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.

bambinou
Veteran Member

Post by bambinou » 2014-01-02 19:17

Hi Ahmed,

I am not sure I understand what you meant but what I am looking for is a way to have for example the fields total calculated on the right side of the screen row by row and not as it is now a column total calculated at the bottom of the table.

For example:
Item1---------------------item2---------------------item3
Variable1-----------------variable 2----------------variable 3----------------Total1
Variable4-----------------Variable 5----------------Variable 6----------------Total2
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------Grand Total

At the moment AppGini ives me this:
Item1
Item2
Item3

Thank you

Ben

toconnell
Veteran Member

Post by toconnell » 2014-04-11 20:03

Just a suggestion.. have you looked at Prestashop? It is free and much better than what you have linked to there.. for online stores.. its the mac daddy.. and free.
most shared hosting companies have it in the softalicious scripts and will auto install in one click.

worth checking out.. may save you hours.. and the back office part is monkey proof.

Thanks.
Tina O'Connell
Web Dev & Appgini FAN

toconnell
Veteran Member

Post by toconnell » 2014-04-14 18:13

Also reportico could do that as well using "criteria" fields.
Tina O'Connell
Web Dev & Appgini FAN

TheCodeRed

Post by TheCodeRed » 2014-05-02 16:56

There are lots of free shopping cart scripts out there. OpenCart, Prestoshop, etc..

It looks like you are trying to create a subtotal column to gather items/variables and add them together as a group.

Depending on what is generating the variables and the values, this could be done in a couple different way.

1. Create a separate table with enough columns for items in a group and a final column for SubTotal.
Import the fields from old table into new table with whatever code might provide you with your working results. import first 3 variables in to columns a,b,c and then subtotal column D from the first 3 using a calculation in the hook file. (In order to set this up properly, you would probably have to assign a column assignment to each of your variables from the other table, this way it knows where to put these values of yours.) Then for the grand total simply SUM out that column D or Subtotal.

2. Utilize another reporting tool like Reportico or Smart Report Maker or something along those lines. These tools will provide you with a very similar structure availability to Crystal reports or the likes. You can setup groups, restrictions, filters and most importantly accurate reporting outside of the AppGini software itself. (This is also very useful for providing guests or Public individuals with the report and not provide them any access to the application itself.)

3. Customize the Print Preview and or the details templates to output your report the way you want to. This will require much more knowledge of how the PHP code interacts with the HTML and XML output files. The code controlling the information is done in PHP. The actual output from the Print Preview is written in HTML.

Good luck with trying to accomplish whatever it is you are trying to accomplish.

toconnell
Veteran Member

Post by toconnell » 2014-06-20 13:50

Or.. if you really are lost.. just Hire Uday to do it for you.. easy.. http://forums.appgini.com/phpbb/viewtop ... 202&p=3032
This link has his contact info. He is a great developer and very affordable.. only $10 an hour and can generally do most projects under $30.
Tina O'Connell
Web Dev & Appgini FAN