Use AG membership table for users in app

Got something cool to share with AppGini users? Feel free to post it here!
benzoD
Veteran Member

Use AG membership table for users in app

Post by benzoD » 2013-11-11 20:48

Hi,

I was wondering if there's a way to use the users created within the Admin Area for my app instead of creating a users table?

I've created my app with a table called employees. Now that I'm about to roll it out, I'm using the admin area to create logon accounts and just realized that I'm re-doing a bunch of work. Instead of using my generated employees table, I'd like to just use the membership tables for this and not have to enter the same stuff twice.

Is this possible, and how would I go about this if so?

Thanks!

jstrick

Re: Use AG membership table for users in app

Post by jstrick » 2013-11-12 23:11

Well i am not a great code guy so i use work around. right or wrong it works!

If you have access to phpmyadmin on your sever create a view of the membershipusers table I called mine membershipuserview. In admin area don't let any one edit this table they could mess up something and hide it to all other members. now in appigini build a table called membershipuserview. Then build a table in my case Technicians only thing in that table is id and technician name build a dropdown on technician and pull the name from membershipuserview table. Now in my case I use that information in a table called work orders to assign work orders to individual users by building a drop down in that table this links technicians to work orders assigned to only them. Keep in mind admin needs to make the user then reassign the owner of that record in this case the technician to them. Set the technician table so users can only see records they own.

Not very good at explaining stuff but if this isn't real clear please ask and I will try and help.

benzoD
Veteran Member

Post by benzoD » 2013-11-14 18:24

Awesome! This has worked beautifully! Thank you, jstrick!

jstrick

Post by jstrick » 2013-11-16 11:58

Glad it Helped :D