Help and Tutorials in Printable PDF Format

Got something cool to share with AppGini users? Feel free to post it here!
Johnk
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Help and Tutorials in Printable PDF Format

Post by Johnk » 2013-01-09 10:38

Ahmad, if you're not happy, just delete the post. Otherwise, please delete this line. JK

I have a slow and unreliable Internet connection which makes it difficult for me to browse the online help and tutorial pages. I eventually produced two PDF documents containing these files, printed them out and put them into a convenient A4 folder.

I offered the documents to Ahmad, but he said it was much easier for him to update everything online. I couldn't agree more, but having everything in book form is so convenient for the end user.

With Ahmad's permission, I've made these files available to anyone who wants them. There's over 90 pages and I suggest you print them single sided so that you can make notes on the blank pages.

Provided Ahmad notifies us of changes or additions to his help and Tutorial files on this forum, I'll update the PDF files as quickly as I can and add them to my site: http://digital-junction.com/appgini/books/

John

a.gneady
Site Admin

Re: Help and Tutorials in Printable PDF Format

Post by a.gneady » 2013-01-09 15:50

Ahmad, if you're not happy, just delete the post. Otherwise, please delete this line. JK
No that's absolutely fine, John. Thank you for your contribution :)
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.

eagle
Veteran Member

Post by eagle » 2013-01-09 15:52

Thanks John, that was an excellent idea.

I already added the files to Calibre and my tablet!

Thanks!

Eagle.

eagle
Veteran Member

Post by eagle » 2013-01-09 16:13

Thanks a lot, John!

That was a very nice idea. I have already downloaded your files and put them on my tablet.

Thanks!

Egil.

KSan
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by KSan » 2013-01-09 20:57

Great idea! Thank yu very much for sharing.

Sergio

Post by Sergio » 2013-01-09 22:53

Awsome idea mate...thx a lot

bambinou
Veteran Member

Post by bambinou » 2013-02-06 20:17

Thanks John!

tabletguy

Post by tabletguy » 2013-04-06 06:56

Thanks for the time taken to do this. I had started something similar, also because of very slow internet in Northern India. But, I'll be back in the US soon <yay>

Couple of ideas:
  • - Name the files to include "AppGini" as part of the name. No need to keep short names. Even Windows XP can handle long names. (I have a LOT of pdf files!)
    - Provide the .epub format, using Calibre, as well.
I'd like to see a wiki set up where we could start capturing and expanding on the tips forum content. I used to do that for another product, with a "private" wiki, and it worked well. Lots of work, however, if no one else is helping out, so I think it would have to be on AppGini's site to really take off.

Johnk
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by Johnk » 2013-04-07 09:18

Welcome to the forum tableguy. I created the manuals for my personal use, but was happy to share them, I could convert them with Calibre, but I'm so busy moving and setting up a new house to even think about it right now.

As you say, a wiki is a good idea but time consuming. Sadly AppGini has no official manual and I think it's holding the program back in terms of sales and usage. I'm sure Ahmad realises this, but as far as I know he's a one-man-band and may even hold a normal day job. He seems to be busy enough right now and we actually haven't heard from him for several weeks. I hope all is okay over his way.

maramk
Veteran Member

Post by maramk » 2013-08-13 11:58

Dear JohnK

Thank you for creating the AppGini in a tutoriaI/documentation in .pdf format, however I could not access http://digital-junction.com/appgini/books/ - I do get the following error: The requested URL /appgini/books/ was not found on this server.

Please assist.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

maramk

toconnell
Veteran Member

Post by toconnell » 2013-09-19 20:52

Your link is 404 error .. sorry.
Tina O'Connell
Web Dev & Appgini FAN

leobelljr

Post by leobelljr » 2014-01-16 02:44

I get a 404 error when attempting to access from the provided link:
http://digital-junction.com/appgini/books

KSan
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by KSan » 2014-01-16 21:58

Johnk was a very active member and then suddenly stopped posting. His server seems to be up and running but the files in question are no longer there. I sincerely hope he is well and simply too busy with other things.