Insert records via checkbox

Got something cool to share with AppGini users? Feel free to post it here!
rpierce
Veteran Member

Insert records via checkbox

Post by rpierce » 2022-03-24 16:44

Hello,

I have an app where a user creates a Job Hazard Analysis for construction. The user first describes a project "Task" then assigns predefined "Hazards" to the task from a lookup table/field. Many tasks have multiple hazards which must be added one by one. Is it possible to have all the Hazards in the lookup table presented as check boxes where a user could select all appropriate items (hazards) and have them inserted into the target table?

I hope that is a clear enough explanation. Please help if you can. This would be great improvement over users having to keep going back to the Hazard table and scrolling through the many entries there.

Thank you,
Ray

pbottcher
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Re: Insert records via checkbox

Post by pbottcher » 2022-03-24 21:24

Hi,

not sure if I get all you need, but could you not use an additional field as multiselect. You may fill it with the magic file from another table.
With the before_insert, or after_insert hook you may read the contect of the field (=selected hazards) and populate your target table accordingly.
Any help offered comes with the best of intentions. Use it at your own risk. In any case, please make a backup of your existing environment before applying any changes.

rpierce
Veteran Member

Re: Insert records via checkbox

Post by rpierce » 2022-03-29 02:31

That's a great idea! I'll look into that and see how it works.