Page Break Inside Row

Got something cool to share with AppGini users? Feel free to post it here!
rpierce
Veteran Member

Page Break Inside Row

Post by rpierce » 2022-03-20 23:00

I know this isn't directly AppGini related, but hopefully someone has an answer. When I generate my report in AppGini there are several tables that have fairly large bits of information that cause the row to be very long/tall. When printing, the browser aims to keep rows on a single page. I wonder if there is a way to force the browser to page break inside a row? Some CSS or other code?

Thank you!
Ray

pbottcher
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Re: Page Break Inside Row

Post by pbottcher » 2022-03-21 20:20

Hi,

can you show a sample?
Any help offered comes with the best of intentions. Use it at your own risk. In any case, please make a backup of your existing environment before applying any changes.

rpierce
Veteran Member

Re: Page Break Inside Row

Post by rpierce » 2022-03-22 16:04

The below are two pages from the report I am generating with AppGini. The first page has 1 item in the list that is short. The second page has a long table row and it is forced onto a seperate page, leaving a large blank space on the first page.

Since the header row repeats on the new page, I'd prefer to have a break inside the row to avoid these large blank spaces on the page. I have found CSS to prevent a page break inside a row, but is there a way to force the page break inside a row?

Thank you as always!
JHA WRITER __Page_1.jpg
JHA WRITER __Page_1.jpg (58.97 KiB) Viewed 814 times
Attachments
JHA WRITER __Page_2.jpg
JHA WRITER __Page_2.jpg (53.63 KiB) Viewed 814 times