Latest program update...

Got something cool to share with AppGini users? Feel free to post it here!
sblasic
Veteran Member

Latest program update...

Post by sblasic » 2021-11-04 09:01

Regarding the latest program update (ver. 5.98) - there are some security fixes and I want to update my live application.

Could you please pinpoint me to the instructions on how to do that so I wouldn't mess up already functioning application & users data?

Thank you in advance for your help!

a.gneady
Site Admin

Re: Latest program update...

Post by a.gneady » 2021-12-23 11:58

Sorry I didn't see this post earlier.
This answer is not specific to 5.98.

Whenever we release a new version of AppGini, one of the top priorities is a smooth migration of apps built by older versions. By smooth, I mean: generate the app to the same folder of the old app, choosing to overwrite all files.

That's all you need to do. The generated app won't overwrite any code changes that you made into the hooks folder. If there are any new tables/fields in the new version, the new app will silently create them if they are missing. If there are any changes in the config files, the new app will silently manage them with reasonable defaults.

In short, to update you app, just generate it using the newer version, overwriting old app files. Then upload the entire app folder to your server (except config.php and setup.md5).
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.