Button to send data by e-mail Client

Got something cool to share with AppGini users? Feel free to post it here!
federico
Veteran Member

Button to send data by e-mail Client

Post by federico » 2021-04-05 15:55

I'm not able to find it so I create a new post

Is it possible to send data opening the e-mail client? For example outlook?
I created a button followign the Udemy course. Now I would like to say to that button, to open Outlook and attaching some data...
it could be compile data as To or Subject, or the text part copying from the records of the table. :?
Can you help me?

Thanks
Federico

jsetzer
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Re: Button to send data by e-mail Client

Post by jsetzer » 2021-04-05 19:19

Hyperlinks using the mailto-protocol can be used for this. There are standard parameters. All parameters have to be encoded correctly. Have a look at the following generator which should be helpful.

https://mailtolinkgenerator.com/

Depending on the user's environment the installed default mail client should open when clicking such a mailto-link, if installed. If this is Microsoft Outlook on you user's pc, this should show up with a new message dialog showing prefilled data. Should work with other mail clients, too, for example Thunderbird, if installed and configured correctly.

For technical reasons there are some length limits for the paramerers. Consider sending a link to a page instead of sending too much data.

As an alternative to opening up the user's mail client, consider sending the mail serversidely using sendmail function. Then you are free to send any plaintext and/or HTML-formatted mail, even attachments, to a given recipient. There are pros and cons.
Kind regards,
<js />

My AppGini Blog:
https://appgini.bizzworxx.de/blog

You can help us helping you:
Please always put code fragments inside [code]...[/code] blocks for better readability

AppGini 24.10 Revision 1579 + all AppGini Helper tools

federico
Veteran Member

Re: Button to send data by e-mail Client

Post by federico » 2021-04-07 13:13

thanks for the suggestion
The link problem is that cannot be used many times from many Companies because of the security reasons. For my personal experiences some years ago I used to send link of price list and catalogues, but most of the customers told me that they couldn't open the file for security reasons, so I returned to use the old method to send that attached file.