Quickie: More visible marking of search hits

Got something cool to share with AppGini users? Feel free to post it here!
jsetzer
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Quickie: More visible marking of search hits

Post by jsetzer » 2020-09-13 07:45

AppGini highlights hits in Table View after search. Depending on the selected theme, the hits are highlighted in color.

chrome_qjE2Oi8BzW.png
chrome_qjE2Oi8BzW.png (14.65 KiB) Viewed 6847 times

In my theme, this emphasis is not clear enough for my personal taste. Therefore I have adapted the presentation via CSS:

CSS code

Code: Select all

span[data-jquery-mark="true"] {
    background-color: yellow;
    padding: 1px 4px;
    border: 1px solid silver;
}
Result

6QA1jInQ1d.png
6QA1jInQ1d.png (14.95 KiB) Viewed 6847 times

You can have different opinions about color and style. I am only interested in this post to show you the possibility. You can adapt it to your own needs with a little CSS knowledge.
Kind regards,
<js />

My AppGini Blog:
https://appgini.bizzworxx.de/blog

You can help us helping you:
Please always put code fragments inside [code]...[/code] blocks for better readability

AppGini 24.10 Revision 1579 + all AppGini Helper tools

David Soul
Veteran Member

Re: Quickie: More visible marking of search hits

Post by David Soul » 2020-09-14 22:43

Thanks for this Jan!

The only annoyance I have with my licensed template is exactly this but I didn’t have a clue where to start and had more important data tasks to work on... but now your css (I installed last night) works exactly as desired (Yes, even “yellow” Highlight as my colour scheme Is very close to yours it seems).

Once again a tip of the hat for making it possible for the Charity Site I am building be “more and better” than I could ever hope to deliver without AppGini, you AppGini Helper and other products and, yes, even “Quickies” like this make all the difference!
David HC Soul

Core::AppGini 5.93
Plugins: Search Page Maker + Summary Reports + Mass update plugin
Bizzworxx: AppGini Helper JavaScript Library + AppGini Helper Detail View Plug-in + AppGini Helper pack
Utilities: Global Search utility