php ver 7+

Got something cool to share with AppGini users? Feel free to post it here!
pilandros
Veteran Member

php ver 7+

Post by pilandros » 2020-06-12 20:24

My hosting provider Bluehost.com "upgraded" the hosting service from php ver 5 to php ver 7.3 and now all my AppGini projects do not work anymore. After investigating the differences and problems the new version 7 could bring, I found one that is causing major problems.
(consulted on php.net/manual)
"All ext/mysql functions were removed."
Now we have to choose a Mysql Appi to gain back MySQL functions or database access.
Anybody with this problem? What easy to implement alternatives are out there for us?

baudwalker
Veteran Member

Re: php ver 7+

Post by baudwalker » 2020-06-13 08:06

Yes I went through that a few years ago. But my hosting provider has all the PHP versions available. But I could see the writing on the wall and made the changes over time.

The mysql function are now out of date. Unfortunately PHP 7 is not backwards compatible. The new functions are mysqli. AppGini is compatible with mysqli so a re-compile and upload should fix any Appgini coding. But anything you have added such as hooks will have to be upgraded top msqli.

Most of the time a simple search and replace will fix the code but there are some functions that have completely changed and will have to be recoded.

Barry

D Oliveira
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Re: php ver 7+

Post by D Oliveira » 2020-06-13 09:59

pilandros wrote:
2020-06-12 20:24
My hosting provider Bluehost.com "upgraded" the hosting service from php ver 5 to php ver 7.3 and now all my AppGini projects do not work anymore. After investigating the differences and problems the new version 7 could bring, I found one that is causing major problems.
(consulted on php.net/manual)
"All ext/mysql functions were removed."
Now we have to choose a Mysql Appi to gain back MySQL functions or database access.
Anybody with this problem? What easy to implement alternatives are out there for us?
you could try using msqli, pretty sure it should work