One table to display multiple tables data? Help!

Got something cool to share with AppGini users? Feel free to post it here!
reg216uk

One table to display multiple tables data? Help!

Post by reg216uk » 2020-01-24 17:39

Hello all, sorry to keep bothering you all but could someone tell me if this is possible? Please be warned I am very new and have limited abilities with php/html so please see below.

Is it possible for me to display multiple tables data on one table? For example I have table1 and table2 both are duplicates each for one customer so the columns and rows are all the same. I want separate customers to be able to login and add data to each of their own group tables, then I would like to be able to view all of these jobs on one main screen which is just one table displaying all the data from the other tables in one list which will be controlled by my team of guys.

Any ideas?

patsd102
Veteran Member

Re: One table to display multiple tables data? Help!

Post by patsd102 » 2020-01-25 18:06

jsetzer
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by jsetzer » 2020-01-25 18:43

He has send PMs to me additionally. So I know the background a bit more:

He has n tables with different group permissions and wants to copy all records from those n table into a merged global table with different permissions. Imagine you have 25 tables with 40 records each. The global table shall contain all 25x40 records synced in both directions.

It is not just displaying two tables. It's more or less synchronisation of n tables with a (n+1)th table.

Can be done with afterInserts/afterUpdate for all n tables into the global table + resync on afterUpdate of that global table into the right one of the n source tables.

Best,
Jan
Kind regards,
<js />

My AppGini Blog:
https://appgini.bizzworxx.de/blog

You can help us helping you:
Please always put code fragments inside [code]...[/code] blocks for better readability

AppGini 24.10 Revision 1579 + all AppGini Helper tools

onoehring
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by onoehring » 2020-01-26 09:26

Hi,

just my 2cts. Is that syncing actually needed? Seems very strange to me from a database (normalization) perspective.

Olaf

reg216uk

Post by reg216uk » 2020-01-26 10:43

Yes it is required, its more of a convenience than anything but is 100% required. The database will be a job management database for a logistics office and we require all data from multiple customers to be synced into the one main table ( for convenience ) when my staff manage the work load. I know we can flick between tables but this is not efficient having to manually check each individual table especially when the amount of customers we have is quite large. This is why I would like to have one main table which displays the jobs on it as and when the customers add a job to their table. We will then simply select "Pending, Booked or Loaded" once we have dealt with each job.

I hope you can now better understand?

regards

jsetzer
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by jsetzer » 2020-01-26 15:31

onoehring wrote:
2020-01-26 09:26
Hi,

just my 2cts. Is that syncing actually needed? Seems very strange to me from a database (normalization) perspective.

Olaf
Usually I would agree with that, Olaf. In this case there is a reason for that model, so it's OK. Doing it this way they can configure permissions per group better than having one big table. Additionally it is a running system at his company. We all know: sometimes you cannot renew everything but have to keep an existing legacy system to keep business running.

Best,
Jan
Kind regards,
<js />

My AppGini Blog:
https://appgini.bizzworxx.de/blog

You can help us helping you:
Please always put code fragments inside [code]...[/code] blocks for better readability

AppGini 24.10 Revision 1579 + all AppGini Helper tools