as it took me quite long so solve the problem - and I did not solve it myself, but pbötcher did give me the relevant hint. This, I want to share with you.
I used a custom query in AppGini to select some value from a lookup (dropdown) field The query ran fine in phpmyadmin/adminer so I was sure everything would be fine in the generated application as well.But it wasn't.
Several things happened or did not happen:
- Dropdown does not load more entries when you scroll down (says loading more results, but nothing happens)
- Search (ajax) in dropdown does not work, spinner keeps spinning or
- Nothing in the dropdown at all
Let's just say: Behavior of the lookup was not working as expected.
My SQL code was a SELECT with a sub-SELECT. This sub-SELECT had a GROUP BY and an ORDER attached to it.
The tip from pbötcher ( viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3086&p=10551#p10546 ) was easy
Solution part I
Solution part IIin case you want to use the custom SQL, you need to make sure, that you do not use GROUP BY or ORDER BY within the query.
Another tip I got from him before is
I solved my problem, by creating a view in the database from the sub-select SQL. Then I replaced the sub-select with something likeyour SQL must be in one line. It must not contain linebreaks
to get the result I wanted.
Code: Select all
SELECT * FROM view_name
The linebreaks are easy to remove. I used Notepad++, searched my structured and layouted SQL code for \r\n and replaced it with the space character (spacebar once). To get the code even cleaner, I repeated this and replaced double spaces with single spaces until no double spaces were left.
Maybe this information should be mentioned in the docs around page 15 in the "Understanding lookup fields" section.
Maybe this helps others.