Multiple Super Admins?

Got something cool to share with AppGini users? Feel free to post it here!
nycwebmaster
Veteran Member

Multiple Super Admins?

Post by nycwebmaster » 2019-03-02 17:17

How can I modify any application to have more than one super admin?

Is there a file that I can hard code them with user and password so I can circumvent the limitation of only one super admin in appgini?

My main goal is to have more than one super admin to be able to change the record owner. I want to have a few people that is able to change the record owner in all the tables of the database.

bescott53
Veteran Member

Re: Multiple Super Admins?

Post by bescott53 » 2019-03-08 13:15

Sure, nycwebmaster,

go to incfunctions.php in the Admin folder

locate the Function get logged admin

and update to this

Code: Select all

function getLoggedAdmin(){
                                // checks session variables to see whether the admin is logged or not
                                // if not, it returns FALSE
                                // if logged, it returns the user id

$adminConfig = config('adminConfig');

if($_SESSION['adminUsername']!=''){
                                                return $_SESSION['adminUsername'];
                                }elseif($_SESSION['memberGroupID']==2){
                                                $_SESSION['adminUsername']=$_SESSION['memberID'];
                                                return $_SESSION['adminUsername'];
                                }else{
                                                return FALSE;
                                }
                }

Appgini 5.72

a.gneady
Site Admin

Re: Multiple Super Admins?

Post by a.gneady » 2019-03-13 13:23

Thanks @bescott53 ... Please also check this blog post, which explains a method of modifying AppGini-generated files in a more maintainable manner: https://bigprof.com/blog/appgini/custom ... dmin-area/
:idea: Learn all the tips and tricks of customizing AppGini apps through our online course.

:arrow: Summary Reports plugin enables you to build powerful reports and charts inside your AppGini application through a few simple steps. See the big picture and discover trends in your data that empower you to take the right decisions confidently.

:arrow: Search Page Maker enables you to build user-friendly yet powerful search pages for your AppGini application by simply dragging and dropping the fields you want to include in search.