Fix dimension and position of fields and buttons

Got something cool to share with AppGini users? Feel free to post it here!
luckyroma

Fix dimension and position of fields and buttons

Post by luckyroma » 2016-02-14 15:47

I have developed a small app with AppGini 5.50 that works well as data and DB.
Instead, the graphic presentation is very impractical and not ergonomic.
Update records on a PC screen, or on my tablet is very difficult because it is constantly moving up and down.
The fields occupy too much space and move always.
Updating the css to achieve the fixed data presentation, I did not succeed.
Now I discovered this topic in the forum. Keep the save/delete/cancel buttons of the detail view visible while scrolling down long forms
It works up to a screen min-width of 992px.
I tried to change in line 15 ‘md’ with ‘sm’ and I don’t succeed.
May you suggest how to let the save buttons fix at the right, with screen size sm or xs?
Furtermore
- how to let the length of the save buttons at a minimum?
- How to fix the length of the fields, avoiding that their length changes with the screen size?

Many thanks in advance for your suggestion.
I'm not a great expert in php and css, so please give explanations step by step.

a.gneady
Site Admin

Re: Fix dimension and position of fields and buttons

Post by a.gneady » 2016-02-14 20:30

Could you please post a screenshot explaining the issue(s) you're referring to?
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.

luckyroma

Post by luckyroma » 2016-02-15 18:30

Hi a_gneady, many thanks for your attention.
Attached 2 screenshot taken with screen size 1200px and 740px.

Screen size 1200px, easy managed on a PC, is a collage of 2 screens, to view all the 12 fields.
The block of command Save/Back/Print/Delete is large 150px and fixed on the right side up to a screen min-width of 992px
The space of each field is to long and the space between them too large, so you have to move yourself to read and control them.
My suggestion to have a more ergonomic way is to concentrate the space in order to get all in one screen only.

Screen size 740px, equivalent to a tablet screen, is a collage of 3 screen.
The block of command naw is large around 640px and at the end of the third screen.
Again the space of each field is to long and the space between them too large, and if you must modify one field only you must scrolling down to find the command buttons.
Why not compact the field in a reasonable space to minimize the need of scrolling.

I am a relative very old engineer and try my best to be updated as I can. In the past I developped many local DB with many tools. The major difficulty to manage DB is to have easy possibility to mantain it. The design of the screen where you are operating is so important as the good design of the structure of he DB itself. Unfortunately I'm not a great expert in php and css, as I mentioned yesterday, and the present structure of your css is very complex. So I hope you can guide me to improve the manageability of the presentation on screen. Best Regards.
Attachments
books Screen size 1200px.jpg
books Screen size 1200px.jpg (81.51 KiB) Viewed 4214 times

a.gneady
Site Admin

Post by a.gneady » 2016-02-15 22:11

Thanks for the detailed clarification. We'll consider adding an additional theme with compact spacing between fields in future releases. Did you try checking the "Compact" option in the theme window?
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.