Where things are controlled #2 - Application title

Got something cool to share with AppGini users? Feel free to post it here!
shasta59
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Where things are controlled #2 - Application title

Post by shasta59 » 2014-10-25 22:46

You see the application title next to the little house on the left side of the navbar

Want to change it without regenerating your entire app?

Open incCommon.php and look around line 253 under function htmlUserBar()

Locate the following and put in what you want.

Code: Select all

<a class="navbar-brand" href="index.php"><i class="glyphicon glyphicon-home"></i> Enter your text here</a>
			</div>
			<div class="collapse navbar-collapse">
Where it says "Enter your text here" just change it to whatever you want it to say. Do not forget to put a space or two first or it will be sitting right up against the little house icon (or whatever icon you have there).

Save it, upload it and reload the site and it is done. For mine I have created a routine which pulls the info from a stored variable in the database. This is changed in the admin area so I do not have to change this code just change the line in the admin area of my generated app. This allows easier changes and flexibility. It messes up less than .2% of the time but I need to find out why before I post that solution. As the mess up amount is so little I am not actively working on it until I have time. Of course, when I test, it works fine.

Enjoy - remember always work on a copy and save often. (If you have any problems doing this or something goes wrong post your code and I will see what I can divine is making it act up for you)

Alan
Calgary, Alberta, Canada - Using Appgini 5.50 -