Header above nav bar

Got something cool to share with AppGini users? Feel free to post it here!
shasta59
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Header above nav bar

Post by shasta59 » 2014-10-19 14:36

I am back again after being off this forum for quite a while. This has been a very very challenging year for me with many personal situations that needed addressing first.

Here is how I solved the need for a header picture above the navbar in bootstrap

First step was to change the header.php file with a minor addition. (There is more than one way to do this but I like to keep css code with css etc). This is a cheap and dirty method but works for me on all test sites I have tried. I am refining it but needed a solution that was quick and easy.

1. In header.php add the following below the <body> tag and above the <div class="container"> tag. Comments are there only for my reference - you do not need them.

Code: Select all

<!-- header picture area -->
    <div class="masthead">
    </div>
<!-- end header picture area -->

2. In the css file you are using (I am using readable.css) add the following - does not matter where but I put it around line 150 or so

/* header css area */
.masthead{
	height: 108px; /*adjust for your image size */
	background-image: url(link to image location);
	background-repeat: no-repeat;
	background-color: #FCCC13; /* optional */
	background-position: center; /* optional */
}
3. Then look for .navbar-fixed-top and make it look like this: (commented out the top: 0)

.navbar-fixed-top {
  /*top: 0;*/
  z-index: 1030;
}
Remember this is a cheap and dirty solution and depending upon other changes may not work for you

I am working on making it better and more responsive including adding code to allow the end user to change the logo from within the admin section by just selecting a new image and sizing. But that is future work and this works for now.

Any questions ask away. Any problems with this method ask away.

Alan
Calgary, Alberta, Canada - Using Appgini 5.50 -

clar1970

Re: Header above nav bar

Post by clar1970 » 2015-02-15 03:40

Hi, alan y follow your intersting comments u are a master in this, I want to know in point /2 In the css file you are using (I am using readable.css) /wich file I have to modify, I´m a dummy but I appply several of your code of other posts. I do the point 1 but in point 2 I don´t understand wich file css i have to use.

Regards

shasta59
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by shasta59 » 2015-02-15 13:15

Just modify the readable css file.

Alan
Calgary, Alberta, Canada - Using Appgini 5.50 -

clar1970

Post by clar1970 » 2015-02-17 18:39