Add-On - UK Counties List

Got something cool to share with AppGini users? Feel free to post it here!
primitive_man
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Add-On - UK Counties List

Post by primitive_man » 2014-05-29 18:10

Hi, Save the following in the 'AppGini add-ons' folder as: UK_counties.lst to include an option list entry for UK counties:

Note that this list covers England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland ONLY

------------- COPY LINES BELOW INTO A TEXT FILE AND RENAME IT TO: UK_counties.lst -------------------

Aberdeenshire;;Anglesey;;Angus;;Antrim;;Argyllshire;;Armagh;;Ayrshire;;Banffshire;;Bedfordshire;;Berkshire;;Berwickshire;;Brecknockshire;;Buckinghamshire;;Buteshire;;Caernarfonshire;;Caithness;;Cambridgeshire;;Cardiganshire;;Carlow;;Carmarthenshire;;Cavan;;Cheshire;;Clackmannanshire;;Clare;;Cork;;Cornwall;;Cromartyshire;;Cumberland;;Denbighshire;;Derbyshire;;Devon;;Donegal;;Dorset;;Down;;Dublin;;Dumfriesshire;;Dunbartonshire;;Durham;;East Lothian;;East Sussex;;Essex;;Fermanagh;;Fife;;Flintshire;;Galway;;Glamorgan;;Gloucestershire;;Greater London;;Hampshire;;Herefordshire;;Hertfordshire;;Huntingdonshire;;Inverness-shire;;Kent;;Kerry;;Kildare;;Kilkenny;;Kincardineshire;;Kinross-shire;;Kirkcudbrightshire;;Lanarkshire;;Lancashire;;Laois;;Leicestershire;;Leitrim;;Limerick;;Lincolnshire;;London;;Londonderry;;Longford;;Louth;;Mayo;;Meath;;Merioneth;;Middlesex;;Midlothian;;Monaghan;;Monmouthshire;;Montgomeryshire;;Morayshire;;Nairnshire;;Norfolk;;Northamptonshire;;Northumberland;;Nottinghamshire;;Offaly;;Orkney;;Oxfordshire;;Peeblesshire;;Pembrokeshire;;Perthshire;;Radnorshire;;Renfrewshire;;Roscommon;;Ross-shire;;Roxburghshire;;Rutland;;Selkirkshire;;Shetland;;Shropshire;;Sligo;;Somerset;;Staffordshire;;Stirlingshire;;Suffolk;;Surrey;;Sutherland;;Tipperary;;Tyrone;;Warwickshire;;Waterford;;West Lothian;;West Sussex;;Westmeath;;Westmorland;;Wexford;;Wicklow;;Wigtownshire;;Worcestershire;;Yorkshire

primitive_man
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Re: Add-On - UK Counties List

Post by primitive_man » 2014-06-03 13:16

Oooooops!!!!!! Sorry -> Updated list (as of May 2014)
------------------------
Aberdeenshire;;Anglesey;;Angus;;Antrim;;Argyll and Bute;;Argyllshire;;Armagh;;Ayrshire;;Banffshire;;Bedfordshire;;Berkshire;;Berwickshire;;Blaenau Gwent;;Brecknockshire;;Bridgend;;Bristol;;Buckinghamshire;;Buteshire;;Caernarfonshire;;Caerphilly;;Caithness;;Cambridgeshire;;Cardiff;;Cardiganshire;;Carlow;;Carmarthenshire;;Cavan;;Ceredigion;;Cheshire;;Clackmannanshire;;Clare;;Conwy;;Cork;;Cornwall;;Cromartyshire;;Cumberland;;Denbighshire;;Derbyshire;;Devon;;Donegal;;Dorset;;Down;;Dublin;;Dumfries and Galloway;;Dumfriesshire;;Dunbartonshire;;Dundee;;Durham;;East Ayrshire;;East Dunbartonshire;;East Lothian;;East Renfrewshire;;East Riding of Yorkshire;;East Sussex;;Edinburgh;;Essex;;Falkirk;;Fermanagh;;Fife;;Flintshire;;Galway;;Glamorgan;;Glasgow;;Gloucestershire;;Greater London;;Greater Manchester;;Gwynedd;;Hampshire;;Herefordshire;;Highlands;;Huntingdonshire;;Inverclyde;;Inverness-shire;;Isle of Wight;;Kent;;Kerry;;Kildare;;Kilkenny;;Kincardineshire;;Kinross-shire;;Kirkcudbrightshire;;Lanarkshire;;Lancashire;;Laois;;Leicestershire;;Leitrim;;Limerick;;Lincolnshire;;London;;Londonderry;;Longford;;Louth;;Mayo;;Meath;;Merioneth;;Merseyside;;Merthyr Tydfil;;Middlesex;;Midlothian;;Monaghan;;Monmouthshire;;Montgomeryshire;;Morayshire;;Nairnshire;;Neath Port Talbot;;Newport;;Norfolk;;North Ayrshire;;North Lanarkshire;;North Yorkshire;;Northamptonshire;;Northumberland;;Nottinghamshire;;Offaly;;Orkney Islands;;Oxfordshire;;Peeblesshire;;Pembrokeshire;;Perth and Kinross;;Perthshire;;Powys;;Radnorshire;;Renfrewshire;;Rhondda Cynon Taff;;Roscommon;;Ross-shire;;Roxburghshire;;Rutland;;Scottish Borders;;Selkirkshire;;Shetland Islands;;Shropshire;;Sligo;;Somerset;;South Ayrshire;;South Lanarkshire;;South Yorkshire;;Staffordshire;;Stirlingshire;;Suffolk;;Surrey;;Sutherland;;Swansea;;Tipperary;;Torfaen;;Tyne and Wear;;Tyrone;;Vale of Glamorgan;;Warwickshire;;Waterford;;West Dunbartonshire;;West Lothian;;West Midlands;;West Sussex;;West Yorkshire;;Western Isles;;Westmeath;;Westmorland;;Wexford;;Wicklow;;Wigtownshire;;Wiltshire;;Worcestershire;;Wrexham;;Yorkshire

a.gneady
Site Admin

Post by a.gneady » 2014-06-07 15:54

Thanks a lot for your contribution.
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.

primitive_man
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by primitive_man » 2014-07-22 16:44

Other frequently used options (at least, I use them frquently!):

Numbers_1-10
Alphabet (Upper_Case)
Alphabet (Lower_Case)
Gender_(abbreviated)
Gender_(non-abbreviated)
Family_Relationships (Not Definitive!)
Weights_(Imperial - lbs) (Up to 22st - 308lbs)
Weights_(Imperial) (Up to 22st)
Weights_(Imperial - Metric) (Up to 22st - 140kg)
Heights_(Imperial - Metric) (Up to 6'4" - 195.58cm)
Titles (Honorifics) (Not Definitive and UK biased)
Months (abbreviated)

Download free from here:
http://www.quickfireit.com/appgini_add_ons.zip

a.gneady
Site Admin

Post by a.gneady » 2014-07-25 23:17

That's really awesome. Thanks a lot.
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.

primitive_man
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by primitive_man » 2014-10-07 10:56

The above link no longer works.
Please use this link:
Attachments
appgini_add_ons.zip
(5.42 KiB) Downloaded 266 times

patsd102
Veteran Member

Post by patsd102 » 2015-04-01 21:33

Correct List

UK

Avon;;
Bedfordshire;;
Berkshire;;
Borders;;
Buckinghamshire;;
Cambridgeshire;;
Central;;
Cheshire;;
Cleveland;;
Clwyd;;
Cornwall;;
Cumbria;;
Derbyshire;;
Devon;;
Dorset;;
Dumfries and Galloway;;
Durham;;
Dyfed;;
East Sussex;;
Essex;;
Fife;;
Gloucestershire;;
Grampian;;
Greater Manchester;;
Gwent;;
Gwynedd;;
Hampshire;;
Herefordshire;;
Hertfordshire;;
Highlands and Islands;;
Humberside;;
Isle of Wight;;
Kent;;
Lancashire;;
Leicestershire;;
Lincolnshire;;
Lothian;;
Merseyside;;
Mid Glamorgan;;
Norfolk;;
North Yorkshire;;
Northamptonshire;;
Northumberland;;
Nottinghamshire;;
Oxfordshire;;
Powys;;
Rutland;;
Shropshire;;
Somerset;;
South Glamorgan;;
South Yorkshire;;
Staffordshire;;
Strathclyde;;
Suffolk;;
Surrey;;
Tayside;;
Tyne and Wear;;
Warwickshire;;
West Glamorgan;;
West Midlands;;
West Sussex;;
West Yorkshire;;
Wiltshire;;
Worcestershire;;

Ireland

Antrim;;
Armagh;;
Carlow;;
Cavan;;
Clare;;
Cork;;
Derry;;
Donegal;;
Down;;
Dublin;;
Fermanagh;;
Galway;;
Kerry;;
Kildare;;
Kilkenny;;
Laois;;
Leitrim;;
Limerick;;
Longford;;
Louth;;
Mayo;;
Meath;;
Monaghan;;
Offaly;;
Roscommon;;
Sligo;;
Tipperary;;
Tyrone;;
Waterford;;
Westmeath;;
Wexford;;
Wicklow;;

primitive_man
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by primitive_man » 2015-04-02 12:22

Hmmm... I was going to go down this route myself - but as some people get uppity about their county I decided to include as many as possible - despite the fact that several no longer exist and some are purely administrative (e.g. Avon).

In fact there are several sets of counties including postal, local authority and historic and getting a definitive list of 'current' counties, is more difficult than you'd imagine.

patsd102
Veteran Member

Post by patsd102 » 2015-04-02 18:05

Googled Uppity :

uppity
affecting an attitude of inflated self-esteem; haughty; snobbish.

My reason for my post was to correct the information.

If you posted an American State list, I'm sure you wouldn't include NewFoundland,

I'm not here to cause offence, so if you wish, I will remove my post.

Pat

primitive_man
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by primitive_man » 2015-04-03 11:25

Hmmm... there seems to be a miscommunication here.
I had no intention of causing offence. And the word 'Uppity' was not meant to describe you but was a generalised term to describe those who feel that their 'counties' - whether postal, local authority and historic should alway be represented.

I have no idea where you originate, and if I omitted your county it was purely accidental.