Copy a Page

If you're a new user of AppGini, feel free to ask general usage questions, or look for answers here.
HBmike

Copy a Page

Post by HBmike » 2013-09-05 16:28

Hello,

I have a page that I would like to duplicate then change the layout. Say for example I have a table called orders that admin in the office can add/edit orders to. I would like another page with exactly the same order info just without all the buttons and what not. Just for those in the shop to view. Barebones so to speak. Is there a way to create just a duplicate of "orders_view.php"? AppGini seems to hang when I create a dummy table with all the same info pulled from the other table.

I tried searching the forum but "copy page" and the other terms I tried were ignored as to common usage.

Thanks!
Mike

KSan
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Re: Copy a Page

Post by KSan » 2013-09-05 22:58

Yes you could do this but it's a lot of work. Easier way to achieve this would be by creating 2 member groups. One with edit / create rights and the other with view rights only. All built in stuff and no messing around with code required. Just harness the power contained in the access control system in AppGini. Hope this helps.

HBmike

Post by HBmike » 2013-09-06 01:44

No, but thanks. I need two separate pages. The second is Just for the shop monitor but due to its location needs a contrast color scheme to be able to read it and also reduce screen burn. Will also be updating/refreshing automatically so it is always up to date. I wanted to remove everything and just show the info with headers. While keeping the original for add/edit of orders.

I created a fake table then manually went in and changed the actual table name so it called the same info. Seems to be working for now. Will let you know how it progresses.

HBmike

Post by HBmike » 2013-09-09 21:55

Ok, So I got the copy of the table working. It shows the orders listed in the table. Now I just need to filter the information.

What I mean is, For example, the table has multiple fields. One of which is order status. I need to have the list not show the orders with Closed Statuses. How do I do that automatically? Meaning when this page is viewed the only orders shown are the ones NOT closed?

I cannot find the actual query for the call to add the condition to it. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Mike