How to enter data to a table using a web form

If you're a new user of AppGini, feel free to ask general usage questions, or look for answers here.
zappan

How to enter data to a table using a web form

Post by zappan » 2013-07-25 19:40

Hi, I have just purchased the Pro version and the application is great. I need to quickly develop a database to capture applications from internal staff. At present, the applicants do not need to log in because the information will be for management approval/rejection. I have developed a web form front end to enter the data into AppGini database but have been unsuccessful. Is this possible? The form have to meet the standard format as the paper version and this is difficult to achieve with AppGini so far. Any help in how to code the form so that the data is posted to the tables would be greatly appreciated. I am new to PHP so do not have much experience.

Thanks

Zappan

a.gneady
Site Admin

Re: How to enter data to a table using a web form

Post by a.gneady » 2013-08-08 01:32

Try using Firebug plugin for Firefox to "reverse-engineer" the way AppGini submits forms (or any other tool for that matter) ... You should look for the URL where the form is submitted, and what parameters are being sent to that URL. You should then mimic this in your own form.
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.