How to run and mod a AppGini project a vendor set up for me

If you're a new user of AppGini, feel free to ask general usage questions, or look for answers here.
jeffyork40

How to run and mod a AppGini project a vendor set up for me

Post by jeffyork40 » 2013-07-18 18:05

I had a contractor write me a project using AppGini. The problem I have now is the vendor is no longer around and when I try to contact them, they are unwilling to give me any support. This is what I have always hated about the software and technology industry. You work with a vendor who promises a completed project and as soon as something else comes along, they are gone. Anyway, I have and AppGini application I call Inventory Master. It takes a file that is provided to me in a CSV format and it is converted and loaded into my website that is based on a OpenCart platform. Below is a sample of one of the five scripts that are run to do an inventory update using a csv file called newsku and filter it and then push it into my invdb file.

I am looking for a little direction getting started with Appgini and executing the sql function below. I also believe that I do not have top administrative access to the AppGini application and wonder if there is a backdoor or a way to get into any of the php files that contain the actual top level user name and password so that I can reset them. I can FTP into all my AppGini files, just not sure which file to look at to pull out the top level Admin.

use hardwat3_invdb;

UPDATE inv_master
INNER JOIN newskuinfo ON inv_master.sku = newskuinfo.sku
SET inv_master.sku = newskuinfo.sku,
inv_master.upc = newskuinfo.upc,
inv_master.status =
CASE
when newskuinfo.quantity = '0' and newskuinfo.status NOT LIKE 'CANCELLED' then 'INACTIVE'
else newskuinfo.status
END,
inv_master.ace_retail =
CASE
when newskuinfo.ace_retail LIKE '%A%' then replace(newskuinfo.ace_retail, 'A', '.')
when newskuinfo.ace_retail LIKE '%B%' then replace(newskuinfo.ace_retail, 'B', '.')
when newskuinfo.ace_retail LIKE '%C%' then replace(newskuinfo.ace_retail, 'C', '.')
ELSE newskuinfo.ace_retail
END,
inv_master.ace_qty = newskuinfo.quantity,
inv_master.ace_mult = newskuinfo.order_mult,
inv_master.order_mult = newskuinfo.order_mult,
inv_master.mfg = newskuinfo.mfg,
inv_master.vendor_name = newskuinfo.vendor_name,
inv_master.om_weight = newskuinfo.om_weight,
inv_master.brandname = newskuinfo.brandname,
inv_master.short_desc = newskuinfo.short_desc,
inv_master.each_cost =
CASE
when newskuinfo.each_cost LIKE '%A%' then replace(newskuinfo.each_cost, 'A', '.')
when newskuinfo.each_cost LIKE '%B%' then replace(newskuinfo.each_cost, 'B', '.')
when newskuinfo.each_cost LIKE '%C%' then replace(newskuinfo.each_cost, 'C', '.')
ELSE newskuinfo.each_cost
END,
/*inv_master.prod_class = newskuinfo.prod_class,*/
inv_master.prod_group = newskuinfo.prod_group,
inv_master.exp_desc = newskuinfo.exp_desc,
inv_master.ship_ups = newskuinfo.ship_ups,
inv_master.long_desc = newskuinfo.long_desc,
inv_master.tvo_retail =
CASE
when newskuinfo.tvo_retail LIKE '%A%' then replace(newskuinfo.tvo_retail, 'A', '.')
when newskuinfo.tvo_retail LIKE '%B%' then replace(newskuinfo.tvo_retail, 'B', '.')
when newskuinfo.tvo_retail LIKE '%C%' then replace(newskuinfo.tvo_retail, 'C', '.')
ELSE newskuinfo.tvo_retail
END,
inv_master.tvo_mult = newskuinfo.tvo_mult;

/*where inv_master.lock_data is null;*/

/* STEP 2 - Add new records from acenet to inventory where based on UPC code */
use hardwat3_invdb;
DROP TEMPORARY TABLE IF EXISTS new_inv;
CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE new_inv (
sku char(20),
skux char(20),
upc char(100),
status char(20),
ace_retail Char(10),
quantity int(20),
order_mult char(5),
mfg char(20),
vendor_name char(100),
om_weight char(4),
brandname char(100),
short_desc char(10),
each_cost char(100),
prod_class int(10),
prod_group int(10),
exp_desc char(200),
ship_ups char(10),
long_desc TEXT,
tvo_retail decimal(8,2),
tvo_mult int(4)

);

INSERT INTO new_inv (
skux,
sku,
upc,
status,
ace_retail,
quantity,
order_mult,
mfg,
vendor_name,
om_weight,
brandname,
short_desc,
each_cost,
prod_class,
prod_group,
exp_desc,
ship_ups,
long_desc,
tvo_retail,
tvo_mult
)

Select inv_master.sku,
newskuinfo.sku,
newskuinfo.upc,
CASE
when newskuinfo.quantity = '0' and newskuinfo.status NOT LIKE 'CANCELLED' then 'INACTIVE'
when newskuinfo.quantity is null and newskuinfo.status NOT LIKE 'CANCELLED' then 'INACTIVE'
else newskuinfo.status
END,
CASE
when newskuinfo.ace_retail LIKE '%A%' then replace(newskuinfo.ace_retail, 'A', '.')
when newskuinfo.ace_retail LIKE '%B%' then replace(newskuinfo.ace_retail, 'B', '.')
when newskuinfo.ace_retail LIKE '%C%' then replace(newskuinfo.ace_retail, 'C', '.')
ELSE newskuinfo.ace_retail
END,
/* qty = newskuinfo.qty / 10 (1-25) / newskuinfo.order_mult */
newskuinfo.quantity,
newskuinfo.order_mult,
newskuinfo.mfg,
newskuinfo.vendor_name,
newskuinfo.om_weight,
newskuinfo.brandname,
newskuinfo.short_desc,
CASE
when newskuinfo.each_cost LIKE '%A%' then replace(newskuinfo.each_cost, 'A', '.')
when newskuinfo.each_cost LIKE '%B%' then replace(newskuinfo.each_cost, 'B', '.')
when newskuinfo.each_cost LIKE '%C%' then replace(newskuinfo.each_cost, 'C', '.')
ELSE newskuinfo.each_cost
END,
newskuinfo.prod_class,
newskuinfo.prod_group,
newskuinfo.exp_desc,
newskuinfo.ship_ups,
newskuinfo.long_desc,
CASE
when newskuinfo.tvo_retail LIKE '%A%' then replace(newskuinfo.tvo_retail, 'A', '.')
when newskuinfo.tvo_retail LIKE '%B%' then replace(newskuinfo.tvo_retail, 'B', '.')
when newskuinfo.tvo_retail LIKE '%C%' then replace(newskuinfo.tvo_retail, 'C', '.')
ELSE newskuinfo.tvo_retail
END,
newskuinfo.tvo_mult

FROM newskuinfo Left OUTER JOIN inv_master ON newskuinfo.sku = inv_master.sku
where inv_master.sku is null;

select * from new_inv where skux is null;

INSERT INTO inv_master ( sku,
upc,
status,
ace_retail,
quantity,
mfg,
vendor_name,
om_weight,
brandname,
price,
AZ_ID,
EB_ID,
short_desc,
each_cost,
order_mult,
prod_class,
prod_group,
exp_desc,
ship_ups,
long_desc,
tvo_retail,
tvo_mult,
OC_ID
)
SELECT new_inv.sku,
new_inv.upc,
new_inv.status,
new_inv.ace_retail,
new_inv.quantity,
new_inv.mfg,
new_inv.vendor_name,
new_inv.om_weight,
new_inv.brandname,
'AZa',
'EBa',
new_inv.short_desc,
new_inv.each_cost,
new_inv.order_mult,
new_inv.prod_class,
new_inv.prod_group,
new_inv.exp_desc,
new_inv.ship_ups,
new_inv.long_desc,
new_inv.tvo_retail,
new_inv.tvo_mult,
'N'
FROM new_inv;

KSan
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Re: How to run and mod a AppGini project a vendor set up for

Post by KSan » 2013-07-20 07:42

Do you have the AppGini source file, ie the project file from AppGini? Hope your contractor turned this over to you at the end of the project. If so it should be easy to pick it up from there. Re. backdoor, yes if you have access to the server running the application. Is it running on your server?

jeffyork40

Post by jeffyork40 » 2013-07-20 13:31

THe AppGini appears to be running on my host server at Bluehost. It is in a folder named inv . I am a newbie to AppGini. I do not seem to have the original source file unless it is contained in the inv folder on my server. would it have a particular file name that I could look for in the inv folder ? If I could find someone I could pay to give me a few hours to review what I have and get me started, I can probably take it from there. I have been programing for over 20 years. But, sometimes that is what keeps me stuck in a certain thought process. My website is hardwarestorecloseouts.com if you care to look at it. I am trying to keep 33,000 items updated on it as well as build product loads for my Amazon , Ebay and Buy.com sites with the intent of doing it with AppGini. Looking for any training and training resources that can bring me up to speed as fast as possible

KSan
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by KSan » 2013-07-21 16:23

Hi Jeff,

The appgini project files have a file extension of .axp . I don't believe they are saved on the server automatically but your contractor might have saved it there for you so its worth searching for it. If you can't find it I don't believe it is possible to reverse engineer it from the files on the server but it could be possible to recreate it using the files on the server and the application as it is today as a reference.

You asked earlier if the admin password can be reset. Since the application is running on your server with your mySql db as the backend you should be able to regain access as admin. See the FAQ entry #6 : http://bigprof.com/appgini/faqs#faq6

With your 20+ years of programming experience AppGini should be no problems to get up to speed. It really is designed for non-programmers to be able to build database driven web applications. You use a bit of programming if you want to get into hooks and customizations and then you use PHP programming if you wish to implement advance customization and integration with other applications etc. I am sure you will be ok.

I'd be happy to take a look at your application and see what can be done to bring you up to speed and your application to spec. In the meanwhile, suggest you install AppGini and look at the sample applications as well as the documentation on AppGini web page.

Regards,
Kerem