Single Column

If you're a new user of AppGini, feel free to ask general usage questions, or look for answers here.
ollewis

Single Column

Post by ollewis » 2013-07-02 11:48

I notic in the demo there are two styles of forms, the table for details, and the "header style", which has a single column.
I need the "header" style" to be other than single column. I want freedom to place fields all over the form.
Is this possible?

Thanks

Lewis

a.gneady
Site Admin

Re: Single Column

Post by a.gneady » 2013-07-10 15:55

Umm ... not sure I fully understand which styles you're referring to ... Could you clarify with a screenshot please?
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.

KSan
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by KSan » 2013-07-10 20:12

Ahmad, I think he is referring to the detail view and asking whether he can change the field layout such that not all are laid out in a single column with the field name on the left and field data on the right. Sort of free form layout I suppose.

a.gneady
Site Admin

Post by a.gneady » 2013-07-12 23:51

Well, generally speaking, you can customize the generated pages using simple HTML and CSS syntax as follows:

To control the layout of the table view, you should edit "templates/tablename_templateTV.html" (where tablename is the name of the table concerned)

To control the layout of the detail view, "templates/tablename_templateDV.html".

To control the layout of the printer-friendly detail view, "templates/tablename_templateDVP.html".

To change the header and footer of the generated pages, "header.php" and "footer.php"

To changes colors and fonts, "style.css", or better use the theme editor inside AppGini.
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.