using the MySQL2AppGini import utility

If you're a new user of AppGini, feel free to ask general usage questions, or look for answers here.
vlarosa

using the MySQL2AppGini import utility

Post by vlarosa » 2013-05-21 19:32

Hello!

Anyone have this issue?

I have a database with two tables. Each one consisting of 6,000+ records.

I used the MySQL2AppGini import utility and imported the fields for each table successfully into my AppGini project.

I then made minor cosmetic changes to several fields and then FTP'd the project file over to the server hosting the MYSQL database in question.

I connected remotely to this server successfully. Now the first table shows all records nicely. However, the second table only shows 191 of the 6,000+ records.

Does anyone have an idea what might have happened here?

Thanks in advance! :D

Vincent

a.gneady
Site Admin

Re: using the MySQL2AppGini import utility

Post by a.gneady » 2013-05-21 21:22

In the admin area, how many records do you see for that table? (Admin area > View member's records > Show records from [select concerned table]). You might need to assign an owner to the records to appear in AppGini.
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.

vlarosa

Post by vlarosa » 2013-05-22 12:48

Thanks for the quick reply!

OK, I navigated to the Admin area and tried that. Odd. There are no records listed.

vlarosa

Post by vlarosa » 2013-05-22 15:12

Addendum to last post : I see the records under the "Assign ownership to data that has no owners"

The table that shows only 191 records is here with only 191 records in it...which makes no sense to me as I can see them all on the server from the CLI.

They are there, but for some reason AppGini is only accessing a random assortment totalling 191 records.

Two tables:
recog 14,874
surety 191