Can't print large number detailed view

If you're a new user of AppGini, feel free to ask general usage questions, or look for answers here.
MikeB

Can't print large number detailed view

Post by MikeB » 2013-05-16 22:43

I have a table with about 360 records. When I click print preview (table view) and then Print Preview Detailed view of all the records, I get an error (web page has expired). I have changed datalist.php to accept up to 600 records.

If I choose less than all 360 records, the detailed view pages print. I've tried up to about 25 - but I need to print all of them. Any help? Is there some type of timeout?
Thanks,
Mike

benzoD
Veteran Member

Re: Can't print large number detailed view

Post by benzoD » 2013-05-17 14:24

Does it happen immediately, or take some time to return this error? If it takes a minute, sounds like Apache/php is timing out. By default, most php installs give 60 seconds before they think that the script executed should be done and stop execution.

You may want to increase the

Code: Select all

max_execution_time
in your php.ini file if you can (it may take some wrangling on a shared host). This Stack Overflow question deals with something similar and has a couple different suggestions to implement it.

MikeB

Re: Can't print large number detailed view

Post by MikeB » 2013-05-17 15:40

Thanks for the reply. It is indeed timing out. I'll update the execution time and see if that fixes things, but I'm confident that is the problem.
Mike