Access denied after creating new record

If you're a new user of AppGini, feel free to ask general usage questions, or look for answers here.
benzoD
Veteran Member

Access denied after creating new record

Post by benzoD » 2013-05-16 16:55

Hi,

All of the sudden I am receiving a 403 Forbidden error when I submit a new record. Everything else works fine and when I reload the page the record has been inserted.

The message I get is
"403 Forbidden - You don't have permission to access /MyTable_view.php on this server."

The URL has
"?SelectedID=9&record-added-ok=993184204&SortField=&SortDirection=&FirstRecord=1&DisplayRecords=all" appended.

When I delete everything but http://www.mydomain/MyTable_view.php, the app loads fine and I can do anything without issue. As soon as I add another record, I get the error again.

Obviously I've checked permissions on the _view.php file and they are the same as ever (and I have no problem accessing _view.php all day long if I don't submit a new record). Can someone help point me in the right direction to troubleshoot this?

benzoD
Veteran Member

Re: Access denied after creating new record

Post by benzoD » 2013-05-22 20:09

I never found the cause, so I ended up re-generating the app, dumping my DB, re-imaging my virtual web server and re-uploading it all to the refreshed machine. Works fine again.

I was really hoping to figure what the issue was because this happening out of the blue with no straightforward solution is rather scary. Not everyone I'm working for has a VM that can be wiped and reloaded at random.

a.gneady
Site Admin

Re: Access denied after creating new record

Post by a.gneady » 2013-05-29 10:02

Sounds like some security configuration in the old VM caused this behavior ... if mod_security is enabled in your Apache config, you might need to tweak some of its settings.
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.