LINK HELP

If you're a new user of AppGini, feel free to ask general usage questions, or look for answers here.
toconnell
Veteran Member

LINK HELP

Post by toconnell » 2013-04-25 17:15

I have a field with an ADDRESS. I would like that to appear as if it was an icon or shorter text and then when someone clicks on it to open the address up in a google map, with the full text of the field content.

Any suggestions are welcome.. Thanks.
Tina O'Connell
Web Dev & Appgini FAN

toconnell
Veteran Member

Re: LINK HELP - PLEASE

Post by toconnell » 2013-04-26 14:50

I have seen this here...
http://www.peorg.net/report/vpo_organizationrpt.php

That is what I want inside the app.. can you help? ANYONE??? HELP
Tina O'Connell
Web Dev & Appgini FAN

KSan
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Re: LINK HELP

Post by KSan » 2013-04-26 16:08

I think you will need to add another field to your table to contain the clickable URL for the map. Then you will need to build a URL each time the address is updated using the appropriate hooks. You can research google maps links and see how they take components of addresses. Doesn't look so hard. In my simple test I found that just passing the postal code gets me close enough but your need might be to go more specific. The more of the address you pass in the more specific location you get. Try simple with postal code and then refine. Here's the URL you need to build for simple postal code based link :

https://www.google.com/search?q=google+ ... OSTAL_CODE

Hope this helps.

PS. It is suggested that you only post a specific question once and not in many threads. Thanks

toconnell
Veteran Member

Re: LINK HELP

Post by toconnell » 2013-04-26 19:06

I can do that.. but there in lies the issue.. now I have to create links.. it would be nice to have that automatically there.. similiar to the embed the email link.
Tina O'Connell
Web Dev & Appgini FAN