How to create a quick search across multiple tables?

If you're a new user of AppGini, feel free to ask general usage questions, or look for answers here.
Ledbelly2142

How to create a quick search across multiple tables?

Post by Ledbelly2142 » 2013-04-11 18:09

I noticed the auto fill fields cannot use a child of a child to fill, you get a number and not the value...

So if I have a table with Company Name, address, etc.. then in another table for Products, I use the look-up for company name from the "Company" table to populate the table field it works fine.

But when I create a third table for a quick find to display selected fields (desired attributes), using the "Products" table to auto fill the company (to see all the products names from that one company), the company drop down is made of just numbers, not the company name. I believe this is the reference number to the company name in the first "Company" table.

How can I make a quick search function without using another table (e.g. Products) that may have way more fields than I want to display, across multiple tables? and with the auto fill in feature?

Thanks

Ledbelly2142

Re: How to create a quick search across multiple tables?

Post by Ledbelly2142 » 2013-04-11 21:57

I found one way to do it using the cascading drop down tutorial.
http://www.bigprof.com/appgini/cascading-dropdowns

You have to make sure tables are linked with the parent table and use the "Filter by:" check box option (to the parent).

I would like to figure out how to use the cascading drop down to show all products of a company in a table. More of a search than a create record.