Any new updates?

If you're a new user of AppGini, feel free to ask general usage questions, or look for answers here.
bambinou
Veteran Member

Any new updates?

Post by bambinou » 2013-04-10 16:18

Hi,

Any new updates come out soon? I just love the software but would really like to see more gadgets in it like the possibility to multiply/divise/substract fields or add V.A.T when necessary without knowing how to program hooks or more html 5 or mobile friendly features.
I know it is hard to program a software like that...

Thanks!

Ben

Ledbelly2142

Re: Any new updates?

Post by Ledbelly2142 » 2013-04-11 22:47

I would like to be able (enable users/groups) to dynamically create reports based on table contents.

Thanks!

bambinou
Veteran Member

Post by bambinou » 2013-04-25 08:32

is Ahmad still there? We do not receive news or software updates anymore.

Thanks,

Ben

KSan
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by KSan » 2013-04-25 17:11

bambinou wrote:is Ahmad still there? We do not receive news or software updates anymore.

Thanks,

Ben
I did hear from Ahmad recently. I am aware that he has a beta available in the downloads section open to his licensed customers. Last update was loaded on 19th April which I tested and provided some feedback. He has yet to upload a newer beta. A list of changes in this beta version is not yet available so I was not able to completely test and provide feedback. He did indicate that he would post a list of changes here on the forum along with a formal announcement of this version.

Out of my respect to him I did not want to talk about the beta until now but I can see the frustration in all of you hence this post. I don't know anything else except the fact that a beta is available and change log is not yet published. Hopefully Ahmad will be able to provide an updated beta along with the change logs soon so we can all test it and help Ahmad prepare it for release.

Hope this helps calm the nerves and make the wait a little easier.

toconnell
Veteran Member

Post by toconnell » 2013-04-26 14:53

For the reports you can try a great program that is free open source software called REPORTICO google it. I use it for everything and it does what the big guns like Toad and Jaspersoft can not do.. but Jaspersoft Studio is nice and TOAD is nice reporting software that can work WITH the application you develop using AppGini
Tina O'Connell
Web Dev & Appgini FAN

a.gneady
Site Admin

Post by a.gneady » 2013-04-29 13:52

KSan wrote:Out of my respect to him I did not want to talk about the beta until now but I can see the frustration in all of you hence this post. I don't know anything else except the fact that a beta is available and change log is not yet published. Hopefully Ahmad will be able to provide an updated beta along with the change logs soon so we can all test it and help Ahmad prepare it for release.

Hope this helps calm the nerves and make the wait a little easier.
Thanks Kerem ... I've been so busy lately with the new release and preparing for a related application that I'll talk about soon ... I've now officially posted the beta announcement at http://forums.appgini.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=650 along with a detailed change log .. I'll keep updating that post as I update the beta till I launch the official release.
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.

KSan
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by KSan » 2013-04-29 15:23

This is great news!!! Thanks much for the update. Keep well.

EDIT : WOW!!! Just had a chance to review the change log! No doubt you have been quiet. That is a lot of work! Thank you very much for your dedication to this product. I am sure all will join me in saying this. GREAT WORK!!!

bambinou
Veteran Member

Post by bambinou » 2013-05-12 21:59

Thank you Ahmad for the news,

Will we ever be able to have the possibility to multiply, divide, substract or add values without hooks please? This is a real problem at the moment for non coders.

Also, will your new update makes it more friendly for mobile apps?

Thank you,

Ben