Launch etail View in new window

If you're a new user of AppGini, feel free to ask general usage questions, or look for answers here.
tonytimms

Launch etail View in new window

Post by tonytimms » 2013-03-25 10:25

Hi, I have been using Appgini for a while now with some success and I find it a great tool. I would like some help in understanding how to launch the Detail View in a new window centred to float in front when I click on a customers details in Table View. have been scratching my head for some time without success. Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards

Tony

Johnk
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Re: Launch etail View in new window

Post by Johnk » 2013-03-25 12:29

Hi Tony and welcome to the forum. Unless I've read your question incorrectly, the detail view will always be centered on the screen. You can have it so it appears over the table (same page) or on a separate page. Both have their advantages.

To get the detail view to open on the same page, open AppGini and select the table from the list on the left. At the very bottom of the table options, the second-last item is a radio box labeled "Display Detail View on a separate page." make sure the box isn't ticked.

Regards,

John

tonytimms

Post by tonytimms » 2013-03-25 14:41

Hi John
I already have the Detail View opening in a new window but what I am looking for is when I click on a row in table view the Detail View it opens in a smaller window say 700px wide by 500px high in front of the main table view. I have tried using target="blank" width =700 height=500 in various places but without success.

Regards

Tony

Johnk
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by Johnk » 2013-03-26 10:07

Hi Tony, I'm not super savvy with AppGini, but from what I can see, the detail view is as big as it needs to be. In other words, it will display the entire form and all the fields in it. I play with xxx_templateDV.html in the generated code file. By putting fields two or more across and putting the labels above the field, you could design a detail view 700 wide or any size for that matter. What I do i'sn't documented, but neither is most of the mods the guys are making.

I never use the detail view on the same page and I'd forgotten that it appears "below" the table and not over it. To get it to appear over, it needs to be a separate window which I guess would be generated by Java or Ajax. Out of my league I'm sorry.

Daniels

Post by Daniels » 2016-06-20 21:04

Tony,

Did you ever find a solution here? I am having the same problem. While navigating around my application I keep having to re-sort my table view list. I want to fix this my creating two browser windows, one that has my table view and then when I click on a linked row in the the table view, it targets the other browser window, so I don't have to resort my list 100 times a day. Thanks.