Annoying Problem With PDF Files

If you're a new user of AppGini, feel free to ask general usage questions, or look for answers here.
Johnk
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Annoying Problem With PDF Files

Post by Johnk » 2013-02-13 17:57

Probably not he right section, but:

I'm uploading photos and PDF's for my Inventory. The photo upload works great and the Inventory looks fantastic.

The PDF's upload okay. They're in the Images folder and open when I click on them.

When I upload the PDF files, a little camera icon appears in Detail View. Ditto Table View. The user can't tell what kind of file it is until they hover over the camera. Then they see it's a PDF.

When they click the camera, the screen goes black and a photo window without the photo appears with a spinning cog. The file never opens.

I was hoping to see an Adobe PDF or Foxit (which I use) logo for PDF's or a Word logo for Word or RTF files.

Are these problems bugs?

Finally, I notice if I allow 4meg PDS, I also allow 4meg photos It would be great if you could set different file sizes for different file types.

a.gneady
Site Admin

Re: Annoying Problem With PDF Files

Post by a.gneady » 2013-02-16 22:02

Umm ... it looks like you checked the image checkbox ... please see the attached screenshot below.
2013-02-17_0002.png
2013-02-17_0002.png (35.42 KiB) Viewed 3190 times
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.