image placeholder thumbnail for empty field?

If you're a new user of AppGini, feel free to ask general usage questions, or look for answers here.
artemisia
Veteran Member

image placeholder thumbnail for empty field?

Post by artemisia » 2024-02-22 22:16

I've just updated from v5.98 to v2024. In my line listing of records, for the photo/image field thumbnail, when the field is empty (no uploaded image) I now see the generic camera placeholder. Is that as designed? Before updating Appgini the field was blank when no image thumbnail to display. The generic placeholder is clickable, and the image balloon appears but of course there will be no photo to display - it will go away only when clicking outside of the empty balloon. The actual image thumbnails function as designed and show the photos correctly.
Appreciate any help on this.
~Bob

artemisia
Veteran Member

Re: image placeholder thumbnail for empty field?

Post by artemisia » 2024-03-14 23:10

UPDATE: upgraded to 2024.11. Still having same issue of the generic camera icon being displayed in table view for the thumbnail, where there is no uploaded image to display. In addition, the default icon is clickable which just raises a modal blank window, leaving users to wonder what to do next (clicking anywhere outside the modal will dismiss it). Seems like the space should be blank with no hot link when there's no image thumbnail to display. I tried modifying thumbnail.php, on the line that checks for no image, but that only keeps the default photo.gif (when commented out). If I create my own 2x2 pixel white square in place of photo.gif I still get a while square that users can click on. Finally, if I just delete photo.gif the default camera icon is still displayed.

How can I have no image displayed (and no hot link) where there is no photo uploaded for a record (and thus no thumbnail to display)?