Moving a db & unable to login

If you're a new user of AppGini, feel free to ask general usage questions, or look for answers here.
artemisia
Veteran Member

Moving a db & unable to login

Post by artemisia » 2024-02-10 03:31

[I don't see a forum section for this kind of troubleshooting, so I'll put it here]

Situation: I have an active db on a server, which unfortunately I am no longer able to access via its AppGini framework. (The site owner, without my knowledge, migrated to a new hosting company which is unable to use any mySQL/PHP databases). I do however still have a cpanel login, and can use phpMyAdmin to view the mySQL db and export. I need to move this db and its accompanying AppGini application to another server in the same hosting company where I have full control of the website (php, etc. is the same version and implementation). This will be the only way I have revive the db.

Question: What is the best way to do this without being able to use the standard method of logging in first (and following those instructions for exporting/moving the data+app)?

thanks for any tips,
~Bob

jsetzer
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Re: Moving a db & unable to login

Post by jsetzer » 2024-02-10 08:37

From time to time I have to move databases and AppGini generated web apps, too. That's not rocket science as long as especially server sidely configured PHP version matches with generated AppGini code.

After you have moved code and DB to the new location, you need to know the new database connection parameters (host, port, db-name, login, password) and change config.php accordingly.

You may test this on localhost, first.
Kind regards,
<js />

My AppGini Blog:
https://appgini.bizzworxx.de/blog

You can help us helping you:
Please always put code fragments inside [code]...[/code] blocks for better readability

AppGini 24.10 Revision 1579 + all AppGini Helper tools

artemisia
Veteran Member

Re: Moving a db & unable to login

Post by artemisia » 2024-02-11 23:14

As you mentioned, editing config.php for the new host, db login, etc. let me get into the moved db. I have some other issues related to the tables and views that need to be fixed, but that may be a mySQL problem with the export/import. I'll work on that in the next weeks and see if I can fix those issues.