Google maps api

If you're a new user of AppGini, feel free to ask general usage questions, or look for answers here.
fcasale

Google maps api

Post by fcasale » 2023-07-03 18:09

Good morning,
i've created an app with Appgini, created a field with Google maps and uploaded it on our server. I've create on google cloud console a new app with MAPS EMBED and MAPS STATIC api enabled. After that i've created an API credential with restriction by IP and limited only at those two services (MAPS EMBED and MAPS STATIC). I have always INVALID URL in my GOogle Maps field in detail view and "Invalid url!" style="max....." in table view.

How can i fix this?

Another little problem. When i add api key in admin settings after saving it.... if i navigate again in the same page i have the API field empty, i repeat the insertion, saving again... and now the api is showed and remains in the field.

Thanks

Bye

afayez

Re: Google maps api

Post by afayez » 2023-10-30 15:32

I have same issue
please any one supports

jfischer

Post by jfischer » 2023-10-30 21:27

Hello
The field for the Url (Varchar / 200) is set. Then it works. The URL of Google maps is very long (at least in Austria).

Kind regards from Austria - Jo

afayez

Post by afayez » 2023-11-01 08:49

jfischer wrote:
2023-10-30 21:27
The field for the Url (Varchar / 200) is set. Then it works. The URL of Google maps is very long (at least in Austria).
Thanks alot
yes it worked with the long url which has the coordinates
I took it from the internet browser not the Gmap application

ronwill
Veteran Member

Post by ronwill » 2023-11-14 22:00

Another little problem. When i add api key in admin settings after saving it.... if i navigate again in the same page i have the API field empty, i repeat the insertion, saving again... and now the api is showed and remains in the field.
I had the same problem, however when I enter the 'googleAPIKey' => "xxxxxxxxxx" into my config file it remains there and as its my config file it does not get overwritten.

Hope that will work for you till issue is resolved.
Ron - Gloucestershire, UK: AppGini Pro V 23.15 Rev 1484 - LOVING IT!
Plugins: Mass Update + Search Page Maker + Summary Reports + Calendar + Messages
Bizzworxx: AppGiniHelper + Inline Detail View
Alejandro Landini: To-Do List + MPI + TV Field Editor
Other: Udemy Course