AG 23.11 v1365 (PHP 8): function sqlValue returns boolean

If you're a new user of AppGini, feel free to ask general usage questions, or look for answers here.
onoehring
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

AG 23.11 v1365 (PHP 8): function sqlValue returns boolean

Post by onoehring » 2023-05-05 10:27

Hi,

is it just me or are others having the same problem.
Using PHP 8 I suddenly get errors when a statement sent to sqlValue wold not return a row, instead FALSE is returned.
Looks like this
PHP Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: mysqli_fetch_row(): Argument #1 ($result) must be of type mysqli_result, bool given in #0 C:\\Users\\myAGApplication\\db.php:59
Stack trace:
#0 C:\\Users\\myAGApplication\\db.php(59): mysqli_fetch_row()
#1 C:\\Users\\myAGApplication\\admin\\incFunctions.php(1133): db_fetch_row()
#2 ...
Don't mind the double backslash (\\) - this is not the problem.

Olaf

a.gneady
Site Admin

Re: AG 23.11 v1365 (PHP 8): function sqlValue returns boolean

Post by a.gneady » 2023-05-28 09:11

This can happen if the SQL query passed to sqlValue() has an error. You didn't include the full stack trace in the error message so it's not clear which file triggered the error. But you can check the query error in the admin area > Utilities menu > Query logs
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.

onoehring
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by onoehring » 2023-06-03 07:36

Hi Ahmed,

thanks for your reply. I checked for php8 errors and it seemed that I was using the sqlValue function to send non-SELECT SQL (but INSERT, UPDATE...) which made the error pop up.
By now it's solved, but do not ask me now how I did it - it's almost one month ago :-)

Olaf

a.gneady
Site Admin

Post by a.gneady » 2023-06-03 09:29

Glad it's fixed now :)
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.