Activation

If you're a new user of AppGini, feel free to ask general usage questions, or look for answers here.
Reimar

Activation

Post by Reimar » 2013-02-09 16:35

Hi, after some day's I were able to register!

OK, now I got an problem while run AppGini in Windows 8 Pro. Every start I get asked for to activate AppGini. Even I just activated and restarted the apps, I need to activate again. In the past it were working with no problem, except to the time of CP & Dev Version of Windows 8, there was the same problem.

Any Clue?

Thanks.
Have a nice day and best wishes from LoS (Land of Smile)

a.gneady
Site Admin

Re: Activation

Post by a.gneady » 2013-02-10 07:21

Umm .. Did you install AppGini using an administrator account or a normal one?
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.

Reimar

Post by Reimar » 2013-02-10 07:46

I install anything as Admin! That shouldn't be the problem! It was working without problem for some month now and just some days ago it started to ask for Re-Activation!

And jkust to let you know, my Mail Servers are back online now, just 5min ago. Was an problem in the US Data Center.

a.gneady
Site Admin

Post by a.gneady » 2013-02-10 20:19

Please send me your order number and registered email via the support form at http://bigprof.com/appgini/support-request and I'll send you a registry patch to fix this issue.
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.

Reimar

Post by Reimar » 2013-02-11 11:37

Request send by on line form!

Reimar

Post by Reimar » 2013-02-13 14:17

Was resend the info by e-mail to [email protected] and no answer!

Could you please send the patch?

Thanks.

a.gneady
Site Admin

Post by a.gneady » 2013-02-15 11:40

Sorry for the delay, Reimar .. I sent the patch to you yesterday ... Did it fix the activation issue?

Reimar

Post by Reimar » 2013-02-18 15:23

Sorry for to answer late but I was very busy with work up country and just been back home.

And YES, the patch is working and I don't nee to key in the data at every start again.

Thanks a lot.

Reimar

Post by Reimar » 2013-02-20 05:03

Still face the problem with activation. After restarting the computer, start AppGini and it ask for the activation again.

So I used to clean up the Registry from AppGini. First was need to use Regedit and deleted more than 100 entries. After that used Registra Registry Manager 7.0 Professional and had to delete another 274 entries from the registry again!!

Re-installed AppGini and restarted the computer 3 times and the activation still works now! Question is: what's about tomorrow? Will the activation still works? At the moment I still have doubt with that.

The Patch you'd send me, didn't worked by the last installation of AppGini, I had manually to activate again.

Ok, let see the next few days what will happen!!

Reimar

Post by Reimar » 2013-02-21 03:24

Just to report:

After done more than 30 restarts of the Computer, the activation is still valid now.

Seem to be that some of the entries left back in Registry were trigger the problem. Normal un-installation wasn't solve the problem and also the manual deletion of the left over files and folders on HDD wasn't. Even used Regedit alone were not solve it, only after the use of Registra Registry Manager 7 Pro, and 3. party Registry Editor, the problem were solved. I was also try a few Un-Install Apps and even those were not working good enough.

So, for everybody who may face the same problem, you could solve the same way I did.

a.gneady
Site Admin

Post by a.gneady » 2013-02-23 06:33

Thanks for the info, Reimar. I'm glad it's working fine now.